Anthony runs [email protected] N/A

Daemon

Mystifying isn't it. And here we thought the extra 80-100lbs of

weight they added in bumper and side door rebar would hurt us.

Only other obvious thing is that the MAF housing is about 25%

larger in cross sectional area on US-spec cars. How many

folks are running cold air intakes? The snorkel on the stock

airbox is super restrictive. Lessee.. what else? Stock ECU

maps are clearly different as we haven't seen the hesitation

problems at all. But you'd think the chipped euro-spec R32's

would be on par with the chipped US-spec R32's.

ian

Personally I'd say it was purely down to driver skill.. Over here we dont run many drag races, people tend to run track days, wheras in the US straight line racing is much more popular.

From what I've seen practice would seem to be the key thing, something which in Europe we dont get much chance to do. ECLIPSe.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Only other obvious thing is that the MAF housing is about 25% larger in cross sectional area on US-spec cars. How many folks are running cold air intakes? The snorkel on the stock airbox is super restrictive. Lessee.. what else? Stock ECU maps are clearly different as we haven't seen the hesitation problems at all. But you'd think the chipped euro-spec R32's would be on par with the chipped US-spec R32's.

[/ QUOTE ]

CVWC's VAG-Com showed my Motronic ECU at v7.1... So we in Oz are running different (later?) software to you all, though I think we get the Euro airbox (without the 2nd intake valve).

He (95GLX - Anthony) also says at the start of the thread:

[ QUOTE ]

I finally got the GIAC Flash with the 93 octane and CAI program done to my car. I also got in on the super cheap buy of the GHL intake.

[/ QUOTE ]

then on the 2nd page:

[ QUOTE ]

...got the flash done at AWE-tuning.com and the intake from Ecstuning.com...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like an APR or AMD trick-out to me...

I like how about 1/2 way down the page in an exchange with Al Walker he says he shifts at 6600rpm 169144-ok.gif

Speaking of CVWC - when I was last there, Pete showed me an article from one of the fast VW magazines (I can't remember the title) that had a 600hp R32!!! It might be this one or this one .

It was twin turbo'd and did 0 -> 60mph in 2.98 seconds.

Woo Hoo!!! ECLIPSe.gif