Atomic Bird Poo

_Tone_

Hi Guys

I went out to clean the Audi today and found some HUGE thick dollops of caked on bird poo. I got it all off eventually but now I have stains in the laquer where the poo was.

I applied some Autoglym paint renovator and gently tried to remove the stains, when they wouldnt go I tried a bit harder.

Still aint budging, can anyone suggest something, the car is ebony black pearlescent and it looks 'kin orrible!

Cheers

Tone

That paint renovator is dangerous stuff particularly if you've rubbed hard. It's not as harsh as T cut, but not far off. Just check in direct sunlight where you've done it, it maybe a slightly lighter patch in the ebony black which will look like it disappears when it's waxed, but the light patch will come back.

I went to the MK meet today and a couple of guys suggested scratch X.

Whats the machione polish all about? Its really hacked me off! Its been on the car a couple of days the girlie saw it and didnt say, so I have put the craps up her and told her its gonna need a respray at about £900!! shtf.gif

She is well worried! (but then so am I!)

I will try and sort it out tomorrow and check for possible damage.

Would a body shop be able to sort it out?

Tone

The problem of bird poo is that it not only etches the clear coat, it can also embed some chalky stuff into it so that you get white marks.

A body shop or valet company can possibly buff out the etching and any marks for between £10 and £50, all depending on how deep it is and how much work is involved. It's cheaper than a respray.

Well chaps I went out yesterday and purchased some T-Cut metallic. I washed the section of the roof that was covered and dried it. Then I applied a small amout of the t-cut to a new damp cloth and applied. Allowed i tto dry and then wiped off with another clean lint free cloth. Still the marks were there. So I did this a further 3 times!!!!

It's all gone now, did this in the garage out of the sun. Then once I was sure i twas all gone gave the area 3 coats of autoglym super resin polish. Drove the car outside to check and its looking great!

I thought I may be able to see where I had T-Cut but then I did a quarter of the roof area so that it didnt look so obvious if there were problems.

Think I will wash the car again tomorrow and give it a good waxing afterwards.

I was under the impression a good layer of "quality" wax should not allow this to happen? Am I expecting too much?

Cheers

Tone