Best of the R32 posts??

Smudge

Guys, we're trying to gather up all the parts of the forum that users have found the most useful / informative. The idea being that we can then create a bit of a database of info for people to use as a resource. As you are all aware, there is a wealth of information stored away in here, and the best thing we can do is dig it all out.

So, can people post up links to areas they have found most useful, or questions we find being raised frequently within the R32 section of tyresmoke.

Examples being the 6463 update - an obvious one me thinks.

grin.gif

Remember, this is your forum, so all helpful suggestions very much welcome. Us moderators will then use the info to make an area of sticky posts that people can use as a reference.

beerchug.gif

Oh, & you might find the Search facility useful for this.

wink.gif

Al,

How about an amended version of mine and young Riz's check list for people intendeding to purchase a second hand R32, although ours were new I'm sure a lot of the comments could apply ?

Options and paint schemes?

Preferred aftermarket mods, Milltek etc.

Just a few that immediately popped up. 169144-ok.gif

• 1 month later...

Sounds like a great idea. The real issue is going to be the necessary 'sieving' of information. 6463 is a perfect example, I've run though pretty well every article a few times. Most of the posts are comments and suggestions, only a few have very precise factual detail.

Sorry this is difficult to explain.

I own a R32 and viewed the 6463 threads, then after a few I wanted to hit a 'main' article, detailing the issues. But the majority of posts are one liners. So I think a database on articles is great, but to give it value would you be able to rate the items inside the database in say a value 1-10 regarding the content being appropiate to the database title.

So when I click on 6463 in your d'base I have a choice of date order, size, number of views and pertinent content of post subject?

I hope you undetstand, if not, 'hey, ho' I'll keep quite.

Brgds SLEEP5.GIF

No Chris this is exactly what we need to hear. I had hoped that some of the members would pick up on things that they have found useful, it would certainly save any of the mods having to do all of it on our own (just a quick reminder, we do this out of the goodness of our hearts & for the love of the smell of petrol) as we too have jobs that pay the rent etc etc. So ideas as to how we can make the info more accesable / anyone feels that speficic info was very much of use then please post away.

Oh, & BTW, the search facility is far more reliable since the 6.5 upgrade.

169144-ok.gif

• 6 months later...

Ok Anyone help me , this is really bugging me!!

this is how it goes down for me:

Summer! lovely time for weather.. also for tuning the r32 , eip release stage I/II turbo kits upto 450bhp , but with amd technik, stage 4, £2750 300 bhp is that enough to match an bmw m3 at 333bhp 15 lbs heavier disregarding the potential of inline 6 and their setup??

bmw owners plz fek off on replying , ur biased and u dont kno what ur on about , eip will knock ur socks off anything u say... 0-60 in 2.8 , top end 210mph , 1/4 mile run standing 10.70 secs... ''and every day drivable''.. pff take that!

Roughnec

[ QUOTE ]

with amd technik, stage 4, £2750 300 bhp is that enough to match an bmw m3 at 333bhp 15 lbs heavier disregarding the potential of inline 6 and their setup?

[/ QUOTE ]

From a standing start, an R32 AMD ST4 300 will not match a current model standard M3 - 0-62 in 5.2 at www.bmw.co.uk frown.gif but it will stay with it once you start getting to the twisty bits smile.gif