POLL - Should I pull my new car to pieces

russellfray

How many points do you have on your licence?  

1. 1. How many points do you have on your licence?

Ok the new car is 3 days old now and I feel it's time to start pulling it to pieces. I've pulled the TV tuner out of the boot and have made up an AV cable so I know that I can plug a computer in and get the display to show up on the Nav+ unit. But... for this to work, I need to get rid of the "TV mute whilst in progress function". All the info and websites I can find only relate to the old CD-ROM based nav+ system, not the new DVD/MMI based one that I have.

So... I need some advice:

[ QUOTE ]

But in true hollywood style, I shall be making the cut underwater with only a green light for illumination - so all of the wires look the same colour...

[/ QUOTE ]

And I believe you'll have more success if you go to cut the red one, then change your mind at the last minute.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

But in true hollywood style, I shall be making the cut underwater with only a green light for illumination - so all of the wires look the same colour...

[/ QUOTE ]

And I believe you'll have more success if you go to cut the red one, then change your mind at the last minute.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think leaving it until the last minute is showing an unhealthy degree of caution. This should always be done with two or three seconds remaining - never one second, mind, or people will assume you're taking the piss. You should also aim to be in radio contact with a colleague who can continually interrupt you to remind you of the consequences of failure.

Back on topic, Russ, if you're just going to do it anyway, then no poll's going to change your mind. Personally I think it would be a big shame to run the risk of damaging your new pride and joy but, then again, I am no electrician so would always err on the side of caution.

However, my rudimentary knowledge of electricity stretches far enough to suggest that you should avoid doing it underwater...

although the green light should be ok.

Russel, if you do it and its successful can I bring my BMW to you to fix some loose wires or something thats stopping my satnav navigate, the TV don't want to know and a metal box in the boot that says bluetooth on it which is hanging loose, as I am useless at anything electrical like that...which I can't understand because I was always pretty good at getting the video to work when I was younger and I was excellent at space invaders too. grin.gif

Good luck, I'll cross my fingers for you 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Russel, if you do it and its successful can I bring my BMW to you to fix some loose wires or something thats stopping my satnav navigate, the TV don't want to know and a metal box in the boot that says bluetooth on it which is hanging loose, as I am useless at anything electrical like that...which I can't understand because I was always pretty good at getting the video to work when I was younger and I was excellent at space invaders too. grin.gif

Good luck, I'll cross my fingers for you 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you can! Just remember I offer no warranty or insurance though smile.gif

When I was younger I always used to pull the video apart to see how it would work, then put it back together and see what I could build with the bits that were left over wink.gif