My car has started opening it's windows...

FlashBastd

hmmm....perhaps she's pressing the unlock button on the key, which also opens the windows - or perhaps they weren't closed in the first place!

Interestingly enough - managed to lock and set the alarm on mine last night with the window all the way down. The (rather quiet) alarm went off when I shoved my arm in ! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

It only seems to happen when my wife has parked it, any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

As they say, "the answer is in the question".

Seriously though - does she use your key, or does she have her own key? Try swapping keys just incase hers is faulty - as others have said, holding down the unlock button will cause all the windows to open, so perhaps a loose connection or something?

I can no longer do anything outside the front of the house when I have the keys in my pocket as previously I kept opening the garage to find that I'd disarmed the alarm and lowered all the windows.

I suspect it's something to do with the lack of spare room in the front of my trousers. yelrotflmao.gif

Maybe your wife puts the keys somewhere that puts pressure on the fob???

Ok, we generally use the same key, and certainly yesterday she was using the key I normally use.

The windows were fully open, so something must have applied pressure to the unlock button for some time. The alarm was set when she came back to the car, as she put her hand in and it went off, so pressure must have subsequently been applied to the lock button, but not long enough to make the windows rise.

The windows were fully closed before hand, i.e. when she got out of the car.

I think my car is just a dog. not yet 3 years old, but a dog nonetheless. Can I find out what day it was built from the chassis No.? I am betting it was a Friday!

FB,

If the unlock button has been pressed (as seems to be the case here, and indeed held down hence dropping the windoes too) but a door not opened then the car will relock itself and the alarm re-arm after a minute. This is so that if the button is accidently pressed (say as you stuff your phone in your pocket as you walk away from the car and accidently nudge the button) then for security the car will relock and re arm the alarm. The only trouble is of course that it won't wind up the windows if they're down.

It really does sound in your case as though the unlock button is being pressed and held, if this is the case then everything you describe is perfectly normal operation.

[ QUOTE ]

I had the same problem on my previous A4 TDI. It happened 3 times in the 2 years I had it. I know for sure that no one held down the key button!!! smashfreakB.gif Went back to the dealer the first 2 times who looked and couldn't find anything but it spooked me out.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you got a relative of the ghost that lives in my Symphony system? EEK2.GIF

I'm 99.9% sure this is a known VW Group problem - I recall reading something about this in one of the motor industry journals last year, the memory is sort of sketchy now - it might have been something to do with the multiplex wiring systems that Audi/Vw use though I'm not sure.

Needless to say the manufacturers were playing this one down other wise everybody who had a car knicked/stuff stolen would be saying 'your fault', cheque please.