Possible clutch problem

mjpleusch

I have an odd problem at the moment with what may be the clutch on my car. The 1.9tdi is a small engine for the A6 especially the 110bhp version but I am finding that when starting off I can have the revs at 2500 and the moment I lift the clutch no matter how gradually the rev guage heads straight back to 900 and can only just move off from standstill. On a hill with people in the car this can be a nightmare. Other than this though the clutch appears to have no problems at all.

Any thoughts?

So it's basically the opposite of slippage, if I read you correctly? There are no odd noises, and other than that the clutch engages just fine?

In that case I'm suspecting it's not the clutch. Sounds more like a substantial lack of power, or torque to be precise. Do you feel the car is underpowered in other situations as well?

I'm hardly a diesel mechanic, so hopefully one of the others can help you better. I've put a note in the diesel forum for you. wink.gif

Thanks for the responses. Yes I suppose it is the opposite of slippage. The car seems to have plenty of power (for a diesel) once started so at a bit of a loss. The car has not been chipped but the MAF was replaced recently. I brought a unit from GSF so could this be the problem? Will check the diesel site. Thanks