XX 54 CAB on a new S4 cab ?

loafer27

I was assuming a little mis-spacing and possibly a little snip on the 5 for a good look. I personally don't like plates that you have to convert.

My TT and my S4 both had/have plates that were cheap from the DVLA but which are perfectly readable and legal.

[ QUOTE ]

A cheap way to a personal plate is to buy a plate beginning S5

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure why - I just read that as an S-reg, because the S doesn't look like a 5 unless you buy "dodgy" plates!

[ QUOTE ]

best of all it looks 'old' and supresses those jealous comments...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's just me, but half the fun of getting the brand new car(s) was to make everybody jealous! And sorry, but no matter how hard you try, a brand new Audi is not going to look "old"!!! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's just me, but half the fun of getting the brand new car(s) was to make everybody jealous!

[/ QUOTE ]

Your glory will last 6 months and then it's old. With both my cars I swapped the plates whilst they were still in the "new" period.

I'd rather have a not age descriptive plate all the time than one that's new for 5 minutes and then old for the next 3 years.

But each to their own....you poser!! tongue.gifwink.gif

Bear in mind not everyone notices the same details as us petrolheads. Neighbours and workmates still drool over my 'new'/'posh' car even though the one they're thinking of (physically identical, hood colour aside) was LM03 --- and half of them don't even realise I changed it in March to an 04 (in fact I nearly kept the old plate, before realising this would be daft for resale reasons). They see (and admire, even after a year) the car and not the plate, which is probably how it should be.

Similar here, I changed mine for an identical colour cab and moved my private plate across so the only actual external difference is the slightly larger wheels with the sport spec of the new one.

Very few of my neighbours actually realise it's a new car! sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]

A cheap way to a personal plate is to buy a plate beginning S5 (I have S555 ---) and maybe your initials or CAB or something - and best of all it looks 'old' and supresses those jealous comments...

[/ QUOTE ]

I had S5 MRE (last 3 letters are my initials, also 'Mitsubishi Ralliart Europe' apparently) from 1998 and paid I think around £495 and I used it on 3 vehicles and had it on retention for about 3 years too. I also had W5 MRE from 2000 and had it on a car for approx 18 months then the remainder on retention. Because both these plates were on retention I thought that I'd not use them again so I decided to sell them, but I had no interest so I listed both on Ebay...the S5 sold for £100 and the W5 sold for £10 but that buyer backed out (ITS ONLY £10 YOU T!T HEAD sportifs2.gif) so I just put it on the M3 and it will go with the M3 when sold.

Plates aren't always an investment. frown.gif