to refurb or not to refurb?!

dangreen

Hi,

I have got what i believe to be the original 3 series sport coupe 2 piece split rim alloys on my 328i sport coupe. As i'm sure you all know those wheels have a few problems with the bolts holding the two sections of the wheel together. They tend to rust and make the lacqour flake plus mine have some kirbing. Finding someone local (essex area, junction 26 M25) to refurb these wheels is proving a bit of a nightmare. My question is do i continue trying to find somewhere to refurb these alloys or bite the bullet and buy some nice shiny new ones? If you think i should buy some new ones is there any pointers to bear in mind or anything to look out for, plus i want to stick with BMW alloys. Heres a pick of one of the wheels on my car from the gallery

My car

Thanks

Dan

TBH its gonna be down to personal preference, whether you like the car kept as is, or modified. IMO I'd go for a BMW "style" wheel but possibly not OEM. Its gonna work out cheaper and possibly look nicer. Having said that a refurb will keep the current appearance of the car and most likely be cheaper.

I've been looking to get some split (2 piece) rims done and this place seems to get good reviews, although not strictly near you

http://www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk/

Hope this helps