POLL - Private number plates on new cars

russellfray

Meet in the park or straight to the pub  

1. 1. Meet in the park or straight to the pub

[ QUOTE ]

If you like it it's good no? What gives what others think, whether you drive a new car or not... I couldn't care less what the neighbors think...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why it's a poll... it shows people's different opinions smile.gif Nobody is more right or wrong than anyone else but I'm curious as to which the majority will choose.

Why wait for the start of September plate change then cover up the 54? Depends I guess, I would always wait for the plate change if ordering a new car. Better for resale/residuals even if you plate her up from the showroom. However, to me it seems rather nonsensical.

Ian C

The thing that always makes me laugh, is all you guys obsessed with a NEW plate, are paying a premium for it. When mum changed her car recently, she got a v good bargain, purely because everyone was waiting for the new reg, so the dealers were desperate for sales.

Yeah sure she has a personalised plate, but everyone still knew the car was brand spanking new, its only like a month older than most of your cars, but mum paid less than someone buying exactly the same thing with a new plate would have paid.

I think thats why there are 2 registrations a year, so the car dealers can shaft punters twice a year, not once. 123576-assfeck.gif

You do take a bit of a hit when selling your month older car aswell though. Along the same lines as imports - save money when you buy it but lose money when you sell it. Unless you happen to be someone that buys a car, then throws it away when you want a new one, (if only!), then you have to take this into account as it affects the overall cost of ownership, and a month can make a fair bit of difference, as people buying second hand cars will still look predominantly at reg rather than month of manufacture.

Agreed though, you'll probably end up with the better deal if you're not interested in a spanking new plate.

[ QUOTE ]

My G/f ... thinks private plates should be AB1234 or something like that not rubbish like R333TLE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Without being rude and asking how much it cost you, R333TLE is a good value plate. Something like RE4354 (like the Porsche press plate) maybe costs ten times as much.

Ian C