CD basesd Nav+ to DVD based??

Do you know if the CD based Nav+ and DVD based Nav+ units for the A8 are the same as the A4?

When I get my stereo removal keys on Wednesday I will be taking my DVD based unit out and will then be able to see if the back of the unit looks the same as the images I've seen as the CD based one - and more importantly I will be comparing the pin connections. If they are the same then it should be a pretty easy job to pull a CD based unit out and drop a DVD one in.

The cd based system uses pretty much the same connectors as the concert and symphony with the addition of an extra 20 pin one. The new dvd nav uses one 40pin connection, I have seen the pinout for it somewhere, but I can;t for the life of me remeber where, I was trying to track it down again the other night for you Russell so you could see which was the gala wire.

It would be possible to change the cd unit for the DVD unit but it would need you to get a connector and rewire it, also there was some info on yahoo group audinav about the can being different.