[Audi A3/S3] My 3.2 Sline

MikeeB

Picked this up last Tuesday:

Front Inside Inside2 Rear1 Rear2 Rear3 Rear4 Side Side2 Side3

Wasn't sure about the colour until I saw it. Happy as a pig in sh1t with it smile.gif

BTW: My V5 document says Quattro Sport, no mention of Sline.

Not really driven it much as I've just been on holiday for a few days, but quite happy with the DSG so far. Very good at the "big car" ride feel which I like. Biggest problem I can see with the car will be keeping the speed down on the motorways, as 80mph feels like your stood still. Can't find a decent run for my detector (euro 550) power cable either frown.gif

I'll post a few more thoughts when I've driven it a bit more.

Cheers

-

Mike

Mike car looks stunning and I bet it runs well, have you put your foot down yet or are you still being gentle. Is that brilliant or misano red? Great choice either way and welcome to the red club (bit of an argument on colours in the A4 room with blue, red and silver)

The colour is brilliant red. I've put my foot down a couple of times, but tbh, I just normally drive around in "D". It's nice and relaxed and encourages >20mpg driving. When I stick it in "S", the engine starts reving it's nuts off, and as the car's only done 150 miles tops, I don't want to be doing that just yet.

I've had a couple of goes with the launch control, but will leave that alone as well now until I've got some more miles on the clock. ( my "daily" car is a Astra 1.4 swing of 1994 vintage)

On a run at say 75-80mph, its already returning ~28mpg on the computer, and around town it's giving ~20mpg. I think the cruise control helps a little bit. My last car (Scooby) used to average 22mpg on a run frown.gif

I was looking at that little baffle flap in the exhaust the other day, but it's a struggle to get your hand in to pull the tube off, so putting it back on might be near on impossible. How much noise difference does this make, I have no idea, but I do feel it is a little muted frown.gif

I nearly went to the 200+ club meeting at Sheffield last night, but as I was driving down to Reading today, thought I'd give it a miss. However if anyone knows of any other meets in the Yorkshire area, let me know, as I might pop along (work allowing)

Think it looks best in red now jump.gif

In the left hand side exit pipe there is a flap which rotates at certain revs/gears to reduce the noise (I guess). The TT's and R32's have the same thing.

It's probably got another name, but that's the best I could come up with considering what it appears to do. I'll take a photo of it and post it on here when I get home later in the week.

[ QUOTE ]

I nearly went to the 200+ club meeting at Sheffield last night, but as I was driving down to Reading today, thought I'd give it a miss. However if anyone knows of any other meets in the Yorkshire area, let me know, as I might pop along (work allowing)

[/ QUOTE ] Mmmm im from Sheffield...... what meet was this confused.gif

Riz beerchug.gif

Basic thoughts so far with ~500miles on the clock (400 on the M1):

1) Not had a single "tramline" moment, which is good, considering I'm on 225's instead of 215's of last car. I have a road near me which without fail would cause the scooby to tramline.

2) The side of the drivers door is just a little too high to rest your arm on the window ledge, and the arm rest/handle is just a little too low

3) The DSG box is of most interest. I must have done 99% of drving in "D". I pulled off the M18 at Thorne to drive the last few miles home to Junction 37 of M62 on A roads. I tried using "S" but it's just too radical departure from the "D" setting. I tried using the paddles and the stick to do manual changes, but found that a little odd. After about 2-3 miles, I reverted to "D" again. It's not like you can't blat past things anyway - you just put your foot down, it changes down a couple of cogs and ppffffttttt your past.

4) 80mph feels like you could open the door and get out and walk. Cruise control is a blessing, as it stops your speed creeping up.

5) Brakes are very good, and I love the suspension. On the very worst roads, it can get a bit rattly, but it's deffo to my taste.

6) The seat bolsters are just a little bit too small for me, and when pushing in a corner, you can feel yourself rolling out of the seat, unless you hold on.

7) The xeon's are very good on dipped. However I get the impression that high beam is normal bulbs? Certainly don't appear to have that nice blue tint light.

8) I'd like a little more feedback from the engine in the way of noise if you floor it. It's so quiet and works so well with DSG; you don't have much idea what's going on.

Overall, I'm really happy with it, and it looks better than all the 5 doors I've seen on transporters so far wink.gif