Hats off to Audi - A8 collection being arranged

Chris_B

I received an email this morning from VW's outplant travel agents, regarding arrangements for collecting my A8;

[ QUOTE ]

Audi have asked me to contact you to advise you of what travel

arrangements you are entitled to for your Audi A8 collections.

Once we have dates, then we can start to book but these are the some details

in the time being:

1. Transfer from home to Airport (this does depend on the distance however)

2. One way flight - UK to Munich (please advise preferred airports & I can

supply you with flight details)

3. Transfer from Munich Airport to Ingolstadt

4. Hotel accommodation in Ingolstadt for 1 night (dinner,bed & breakfast

included)

5. Transfer from hotel to Audi Factory

6. Hotel accommodation anywhere else en-route (dinner, bed & breakfast

included)

7. Ferry back the UK

While at the Factory you can take part in a Factory Tour (guided), Museum

Tour (walk around on your own) and you can have

some lunch before departing. These do have to be pre-booked so I would need

to know beforehand if you are interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is excellent customer service, I doubt it costs them any more than shipping the car does, but they could have saved by not providing flight and accomodation, so it's good to see that they have. Well done Audi, here's one currently happy customer!

[ QUOTE ]

I tried to get this for my RS6, but Audi wouldn't play ball. frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a first for me too. Audi UK do seem to be getting a bit more on top of the concept of an ownership experience rather than just selling tin - things like the Audi experience, the ressurection of the owner's champagne runs (which I'm determined to take the 8 on next year) etc etc.

That's cool! I know it's possible, as you may have read, and there were plenty folks picking up their car when I was there. The guy said it has some advantages as well. Not sure what, except the apparently complementary travel and the very cool experience of picking up your car at the plant, and an opportunity to visit the factory and museum. Recommended!

If you want a cool hotel, try the KULT hotel. (Do book an airconditioned room tho!). Nice folks and something different. Good Japanese restaurant too. Very close to the factory.

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I hope Audi flies me to the factory and gives me the keys to a new S8 once they found out how much I have made a brand name for them in the states!

[/ QUOTE ]

And why not! Somebody over there ought to write to Audi AG and tell them about your good work in improving the brand satisfaction amongst owners in the US, sing your praises a bit.

[ QUOTE ]

I think that they will do it for anyone - but only when purchasing an A8. This 'factory collection' for A8 was just being introduced at the time I ordered my RS6.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, that ain't so, sir!

You can collect any new Audi... (maybe the level of service differs, but I wouldn't know). wink.gif

180075-165_6502-S.jpg

Waiting for their owners...

That's BS! (Not you, them). The Audi people at the factory specifically told me anyone could pick up their new car at the factory (Ingolstadt). For foreign cars the dealer needs to send the plates and registration, obviously, but it can be done.

I've noticed before A-UK likes to invent their own set of rules more often (like omitting GMBH options for one), but I think it's bluff. I'd like to see what happens if you walk in and say "I want to order a new Audi, but the dealbreaker is I want to pick it up at the factory". They gonna say no? Not likely.

If you signed and then ask, they may try to dissuade you...

Shame, this way A-UK is ruining what the brand is trying to build up.

[ QUOTE ]

Mercedes provide us with international transit plates

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I should be getting, when I get back to the UK, I'll be dropping it in to the dealer so they can register it, upgrade the security and they will probably have to fit the phone cradle (crazy I know, it probably ships out from Germany), and no doubt they'll be drawing straws for the inevitable road test...

What's the situation with regards road traffic law enforcement on international transfer plates then? FIREdevil.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Isn't it a pity you have to go slow with that powerful new car on the German Autobahn... tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It didnt stop us sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm figuring 6th gear at about 4000 rpm should be fairly fast, and probably quite acceptable once the engine's warmed up properly.

In fact, aren't you supposed to use the engine over a variety of rev ranges when running it in? grin.gif