Fitting new wheels

AudiPartner

They've just arrived and being a big kid I want them fitted ASAP!! I was going to take them to my local RSR (Kwik Fit but for boys!!) and pay one of the guys some beer money to swap them over for me but I won't be able to do that till tomorrow. Shall I just fit them tonight myself? I don't mean to be gay but I'm worried I might not get them on right! If I do, any tips? Also I saw someone once dipping the wheel nuts in what looked like some sort of gilting type stuff. Is this necessary?

Is honestly very easy to do yourself, and gives you the satisfaction of getting them on today not tomorrow (I couldnt wait personnally).

The glittery stuff was probably copper slip or something like that, I am told it helps stop the wheels bolts from getting stuck on the rim and wheel stuck to the hub, but my last set of wheels were fitted without it and I never had any issues.

[ QUOTE ]

Possibly almost as important, jack the car in the right place, don't want to squash fuel lines or buldge body kit even slightly !

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said DM.... can totally feck a car if you get that wrong but the book will tell you where to jack the car.

Shouldn't take long to do all 4... one side then the other!!!

All done. They look buff!!! Used the Audi bottle jack at the right jacking points and backed it up with my trolley jack just in case! Became quite a long job as I had to scrub the tyres to get rid of the lube they use to get them on the rims. Looked a bit messy and by then it had got too dark for photo's. I'll be sure to get a picture posted tomorrow. Please do watch this space though cos they look the nutz!! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Please do watch this space though cos they look the nutz!! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no they dont....

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it back they do look very good...maybe I should wait until I see a photo next time...+++

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea!! I assumed your comment was perhaps in jest. No hard feelings... this time!!

[/ QUOTE ]I think looking at the time of the post it was probably in drunkenness crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bit early in the year for panto' isn't is Chris? tongue.gif

Ian C