Over 20 pics of the new A4 & S4

AZURES3

Hmm Disapointed to say the least, they had a shitload of potential and they fluffed it big time imo.

All they had to do was give the A4 the new A3 Sportback Nose/Grille/Lights and the current A3 (3dr) style rear clusters.

They made it look really cheap and tacky imo.

Car really doesnt look like an audi bar the grille, its not doing it for me.

Will have to wait and see what the S-Line A4 Saloon looks like once its been slammed with some decent 18" RS6's on it and the full Quattro GmBh kit, but first impressions not good!

Thanks for the link, but god that site spews out a LOT of pop-up ads. I hate that (and yes I do have a blocker); it may pay their bills but when you get 4 or 5 for every page it just puts me off ever going there again so I really don't know why they bother: it's not as if anyone ever clicks on those sort of crap ads anyway. Kudos to TSN for accomodating its commercial sponsors in a much more manageable way (and keeping them car-relevant instead of endless "click here to block all spam, honest" type crap.

Yeah, I was thinking Rover 75ish too in a way... frown.gif

Front end moulding reminds me of Mazda, and front & Rear lights remind me of 3 series. Why oh why did they have to mess with the best bits? BMW have fiddled with their front light shape soo many times that I get the impression they just cannot get it right. Audi had it perfect, couldnt be bettered - this is why it hasnt changed during the A4s life so far - why did they have to make a complete hash of it?

Seems like change for change's sake to me...

The sides are actually OK, and if they had left the lights alone I could have coped with the front and rear. Dont like the S4 front valance though - the one on the 'non S' model actually looks alot better.

Really makes me wanna go out and buy the last of the current shape S-Lines to my spec...

Looks OK to me. The A6 looks so much better in the metal than it does in the pictures we first saw, so hopefully it'll be fine.

Looks pretty much like it is only a major facelift rather than an all new model that everyone was worried about.

Disapointed with the interior, thought that they would have gone full MMI like the A6 as it's so user friendly and functional.

Hope they do some more colours now - 'bout thime they discontinued Moro and Silver and brought back hte colours of yesteryear - golds, oranges, browns and yellows. Oh, and white.

yelrotflmao.gif

Me three...

The back does look like a Subaru Legacy...I would have thought just sticking a A3 3-door front end would have been enough, perhaps sticking the A8 rear end too...but they look to have spoilt a good looking car!

A6 does not look as bad in the flesh...correct, but it is still not as good looking as say a Merc E-Class. Problem with that big nose is that it does appeal to some, but others are simply turned off...so sales may suffer.

[ QUOTE ]

Me three...

The back does look like a Subaru Legacy...I would have thought just sticking a A3 3-door front end would have been enough, perhaps sticking the A8 rear end too...but they look to have spoilt a good looking car!

A6 does not look as bad in the flesh...correct, but it is still not as good looking as say a Merc E-Class. Problem with that big nose is that it does appeal to some, but others are simply turned off...so sales may suffer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree the A3 front would have been plenty enough

But have to say I don't see a true comparison to the A6, I had a good look round the A6 when I was last at the garage and I really like it!! I would quite like one.

But the A6 doesn't have nasty curves and hideous lights like this has, the A6 is far more in keeping with the typical Audi clean/sharp lines!

Think looking at these pictures when that 'thing' hits the road it's gonna damage Audi's image. Let's face it everyone can differentiate an Audi from anything else, Audi's have an easily identifiable edge to them that set them apart! Every Audi I have ever seen from a young age has been in general ahead of it's time in many ways, and set paths other manufacturers have followed.

This just looks so 'ordinary', a few years back with the 80 cab I waited and waited to see the A4 cab come out, when it did I loved the shape but was unsure if it lived up to the legacy the 80 cab had made. It certainly lived up to it that's for sure.

I just can't say seeing this in the flesh is going to change my opinion what so ever! It just doesn't cut the grade!!!

I was hoping for good things from the facelift, but it just looks dung.gif in the pictures.

Very Mazda-like front end, as others have said and the rear lights now just look ugly.

I was hoping to get a 3.0TDi next year, but now I think I might just try for a 2nd hand (pre-facelift) S4 instead. Either that or an A6, 'cos that looks a lot better post facelift than it did before.