I'm angry as hell!!! Somebody stole my...

Raskodagama

Yesterday in the late afternoon I was at some meeting and I parked my car as usuall - in the parking lot 50 meters away. When I got back (it wasn't even dark yet) I realised that both my chrome side mirrors are missing!!!

ooo.gifooo.gifooo.gif

Damn I'm angry! Whoever it was, he ripped them off, so I'll need complete side mirrors with housing, electrical stuff and so on...

Some people just can't stand that someone has something that he got with his hard work...

Anyway, if I get him... smashfreakB.gifsmashfreakB.gifsmashfreakB.gif

[censored], sorry to hear that man. That's bloody awful! I can imagine your outrage... crazy.gif

Is it covered by insurance? If not I might be able to help you out with the alu housings. Not entire mirrors unfortunately, but it may work out (a lot) cheaper that way. (Audi wants ~ €1k for alu mirrors). I'll let you have them for what I paid if you want.

PM if interested.

Thanks for support m8's.

Anyway, no this is not covered by insurance. I called an Audi dealer to ask how much for both mirrors - new ... €1100 EUR ooo.gif

OMG - heheh, and then I got lucky: I found totaled A8 yesterday, and it had mirrors in great condition. So I got them for €200 EUR. They are red, so I already took the covers off to get them "chromed".

I am getting new car-alarm... I wan't it connected to my cell-phone.

I was really considering if it is possible to electrify them? ROLLEY~14.GIF

There really is no respect for peoples property these days. This kind of thing could put you off buying items for your car to make it just that little bit more special. It certainly would ward me off buying from ebay, as it seems to be obvious now that people realise they can make a quick buck, just by stealing someone's wing mirrors.

Doesn't help you Rasko, but I'd definitely look at some kind of electrification, that'll stop the fekr.gif's doing it again!!

I can't belive it...

Today somebody ripped of my "S8" badge of of my trunk mad.gif

And guess what - it happend in the same parking lot. OK - I don't care for the badge that much, but this idiot ripped it off with a screwdriver, and he damadged that part of trunk around... openfire.gif

You know what? I think I saw somewhere that there are car-alarms that have built in sensors for movement arond the car. So, when somebody steps next to the car and the alarm is on, "the car" starts "talking" and is warning the theft to get away. Warning signal is also sent to your mobile phone...

Anyway - does anybody know of where to get this thing?

I'm very p*ssed off. Had mine stolen this morning in Greenwich in South London. Foolishly I had Kamei mirror caps on them which must of attracted the theiving magpies.

Any idea on replacement costs, over £1,000 I guess with fitting and painting.

I can't even drive the car now, it's too dangerous without mirrors.

See pics.

post-5229-137914283695_thumb.jpg

Sheesh... smashfreakB.gif

Sorry to hear that! frown.gif

Must be some stupid thieves thinking it were aluminium mirrors. At least they're in for a surprise.... the_finger.gif

Doesn't make it much better for you though.

Anyway, the basic mirrors are quite a bit cheaper, depending on the functions (memory, auto tilt, auto dip, etc).

In the 'useful links' thread are a few links, a.o. for breakers. Maybe they have something...

Not the most happy occasion, but not any less welcome to TSN! beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'm very p*ssed off. Had mine stolen this morning in Greenwich in South London. Foolishly I had Kamei mirror caps on them which must of attracted the theiving magpies.

Any idea on replacement costs, over £1,000 I guess with fitting and painting.

I can't even drive the car now, it's too dangerous without mirrors.

See pics.

[/ QUOTE ]

....WAN*ERS!........if it helps Martyn at VAG will flog you a new polished ally unit for £270 each.The motor was shagged in mine so i took the old one out and chucked the new one in.Works pukka now. £540 is better than £1000 mate . Pretty easy to fit as well.Phone no. is in "links " bit i think. 169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif

P.S you will need mirror glass bit as well so add that to the price.

P.P.S Anyone want to buy some Kamei mirror caps? jump.gif