Serviceing thoughts

davemr32

Ok my r32 will be 12 months old in 2 weeks and was going to book it in for a service knowing it is on varible serviceing ,but thought it would be better done yearly and have a better history as on my other vws, but mr service man said its fine wait until the light comes on, but not sure what is the best and what is every on else doing or thinking as i want my r32 to have the best start in life i know this i a bit sad but i heart.gif my r32 but dont want to do it if theres no need at all as there are not many service pages in the book ?

On variable servicing you do just wait until it tells you to get it serviced. Mine was around 19k.

I cant see it causing any issues, as new cars are designed for this along with the long life oil.

However I know some people like changing the oil themselves inbetween services.

My dealer told me that they wouldnt service a car if the dash indicator was not showing. However i do know you can ask them to change the car to fixed servicing if you want.

What's the difference between all the different service intervals then?

I bought my car at 10k and it's a few miles short of 18k now and I've not even had it 6 months but it's telling me I need a service in 1800 miles?

I have a sticker in the window saying it is on "Longlife" servicing and to service it when the light shows or at 20k whichever is soonest.

I've had my car for 9 months and covered 28,000 miles. Had a service at about 19,000 when the dash light came on..... although the car is supposed to be on variable servicing...the light comes on at around 18-19,000....don't think thats too bad....just counting down for the next one....update and airbag fix tomorrow!!

Tim

Right, there seems to be quite a few cars about that say the service isn't due until approx 19k.

I bought my car 6 months ago at 10k (it had an inspection service when I bought it) and it is now coming up to 18k with the service light saying it is due in 1800 miles.

I go to my dealer this afternoon to see how much the service will be, and after typing in the registration into the computer they tell me the service isn't due until 29k which would be 19k after I bought it.

The sticker in the window says the service is due when indicated or at 20k, whichever is soonest.

So I'm confused confused.gif Does it need a service now? Or is the dealer right in saying to wait until it's on 29k?

Or due you think that when it was serviced at 10k they forgot to reset the service indicator and as it's coming up to 19/20k the car thinks it needs servicing when in fact it doesn't need doing for another 10k?

confused.gif

Oh, and the price for the 29k service is £295 shocked.gifROLLEY~14.GIF

My first service on variable servicing was at 18173, the cost was £200 ex vat, lots of oil in the price

Service was £114

Wiperblades £20

Oil £50

Even though on variable servicing the Invoice states that next service is due up to June 2006 (2 years from first service) or at 37173 miles i.e. 19000 miles

Hope that helps on servicing costs and time

Had mine serviced at VW in Northampton on Saturday just gone. Done approx 17,500 miles and paid a total of £207 inc VAT (which was supposed to be a 'special' rate).

I did however get told the the front o/s track rod end had excess play and needed replacing, along with a rear number plate light which had not been sealed properly. All covered under warranty so no problem there.

Most funny got in the car today and it told me service now so not sure whats going on as i thougth it was on variable service ,its nearly 12 months old and have done 8200k so rang up stealer and they are going to check it out i think i will have a lube and oil service £90 then wait till its on 16k or so then have a big service any one had this happen?