Delivery next week

Newbie123

Not entirely sure why I'm posting this as I seem to have this section of the forum all to myself UHOH7.GIFgrin.gif

Just had the call to say my car is due at the dealers today or tomorrow and will be with me next week jump.gif , finally a car after 4 months smashfreakB.gif

Will post some pics once it's arrived and when I've got the 18" alloys fitted.

ECLIPSe.gifbeerchug.gif

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

Hi Newbie

How are you mate? Long time no chat. What Z4 are you going for? Engine, colour, spec etc. Look forward to seeing some pics. Still in my R32 year old now with 7K on the clock, but starting to get itchy feet tongue.gif

Luke beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Luke, as you say seems a loooooong time since we were both waiting on our R32s'. Did you upgrade yours at all or is it still standard ?

The Z4 is a 2.2 in black metallic with black interior, and the only option I've specified is the wind deflector. Although I have purchased some 18" ellipsoid alloys to replace the standard 16" ones (well I had to didn't I wink.gif)

I'm just hoping the replacement Z4 has better luck than the original EEK2.GIF.

Have kept my car standard, though have been tempted to upgrade, my insurance co wouldnt allow it on their policy and so left it. I've changed to another company now so may have a go. Like the sound of your Z4. I had an option on a cancelled order when they first came out, this bloke who was buying his son the car forgot to ask about insurance and it came out at £2500!! So he jumped ship. Read about your first Z4, interesting.

Not sure what to do car wise now, G/f talking babies. Might get her a baby type car and keep my R32. Or might get myself a 'better than she would get' baby type car!!! and her a small round about, its a tricky one. New X3 looks nice but I'd like a diesel, not out until next year. Better sort out the baby first!!!!

Have you picked up yout Z4 yet?

Luke beerchug.gif

• 3 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Ordered a Black BMW Z4, written off by BMW before I even collected it ! Awaiting replacement.

[/ QUOTE ]

EEK2.GIFEEK2.GIFEEK2.GIF What the hell happened!!! EEK2.GIFEEK2.GIFEEK2.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest I'm not entirely sure Ari confused.gif,

I got a call on Fiday 10th September to say that my car was being delivered to the dealership that weekend. Then I got a call on Monday 13th September to say that the car had been damaged in transit and was currently at the BMW depot and wouldn't be leaving it again frown.gif.

Thankfully only two weeks to go until the replacement arrives, I just hope this one has more luck suicide.gif169144-ok.gif

Finally jump.gif

Just had the call with the registration number and to say that the car has arrived at the dealers and will be delivered a week today (fingers and everything else crossed this time)

One good thing about the delay is that I've since found out about the BMW Ipod link, so they're fitting that for me prior to deilvery.

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Newbie, slightly off topic, but i thought the ipod link thing was only available in the us at the mo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Snail you must be psychic sekret.gif

The car has just been delivered and it looks great and I'll post pics and stuff in the next few days, but two problems were found.........

Firstly it didn't come with the factory fit wind deflector I'd ordered, instead they've given me the aftermarket version which is basically a bag which straps over the headrests mad.gif. So I sent that back with the driver and I've got them to agree to my local dealer retro fitting the proper deflector at their cost.

Secondly the ipod link. You are correct Snail, the ipod link they've fitted for me is basically an aux input in the glovebox which just allows you to adjust the volume no changing of tracks, no charging of the ipod etc, basically it's pretty fecking useless.

I've discussed it with the dealer who faxed me a copy of the ipod link install manual which is dated for September 2004 as a new product and basically that's all it is an aux input and not a docking connector.

Do you know if we'll actually get the USA version at all Snail ??

[ QUOTE ]

No idea newbie, would like to get one for mum's xmas pressie, hence why i asked the question. frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem Snail 169144-ok.gif,

I'm just hacked off as it's not what I was expecting. At least the car is fun 169144-ok.gif, I have to say I think it's actually more fun than the 3.0L I test drove, the 2.2L just seems to rev better, plus you still get the same V6 growl grin.gif.

Oh and after all the Audis and VWs I've had over the last few years, I can honestly say there's no subsitute for RWD fun ECLIPSe.gifjump.gif