New A4 - Prices ?

chrisan

Hi All,

Newcomer to tyresmoke here.

Up until a week or so, I'd pretty much set my heart on a new A4 1.8T S-Line Quattro. Got the brochure and everything. Now with the recent announcment of the facelift, I'm more inclined to hang fire and see what offers are available (if any) on the new range.

Has anyone heard of expected costs for the new A4 - I wonder if they will mirror the existing range?

The press release says this "Prices and full specification for the new A4 Saloon and Avant models will be available nearer to launch".

Cheers,

Chris

First of all, welcome to Tyresmoke. beerchug.gif

In reply to your question, do you want the better car or the better value?

I'm not convinced the facelift model will offer much more in terms of performance, trim, options etc so it's probably a question of personal taste.

If it's a cash issue, it depends on how long you intend to hang on to the car IMHO. If it's only for a year or two, then the facelift model will probably hold its value better. If it's for the long haul, then there shouldn't be much difference in terms of depreciation. In this case, it again comes down to which you like more.

Just my two pence worth - I'm sure there will be plenty who have a different view. 169144-ok.gif

Hi - Thanks for the welcome smile.gif

In truth - I'm not planning on buying until Jan/Feb next year. So I suppose my options are open. I can either buy a nearly new pre-facelift version at a slightly depreciated cost, or go the whole hog and buy a new version. I suppose it depends on how much they hike the price and/or what offers are available. Although I like the stats on that 2.0T engine - looks to have bags of low-end torque.

Cheers,

Chris

There are pretty much always offers available, particularly if you're willing to travel to pick up your car.

I personally prefer the look of the current model so would be more than happy to wait for the facelift to come out and then ferret around for a bargain on an outgoing model.

I guess it just depends on when you buy, what tends to happen is the new model starts off by challenging some and even offending some but eventually people become used to it and the previous model then really shows it's age. If you are buying in the next couple of months then I know I'd be very happy with the model you spec'd, it's a great car.

Hi - Thanks everyone for all the input. From certain angles, I think the new shape looks outstanding.

Was speaking to a differnet dealer (Wakefield, Yorkshire), and apparantley, all the Sales Managers are over in Germany this week looking at the new A4. By next week, they should have a better idea of prices/models/offers, etc. I'll keep you posted of any gossip smile.gif

Cheers,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of things jumped out - Bose is up, mettallic is up quite a bit, electric rear windows at last on sport, tow pack is 100 quid cheaper nad cruise is nearly half price!

There's no coming home function on auto lights any more, auto wipers instead by the look of it.

... no new pricelist for cab, so I wonder when that will happen?

what are the standard wheels if you do not take the SE or Sport pack??

Some of the extras are a little more but the SE pack is very good value for money giving you the Cruise Control and Electric Rear windows!

And the GmBh body kit and all the other stuff is also good value but no Cruise Control. But it still gives you the Rear electric wondows!

All in all I do not think a dealer would sell any standard model! It would be an SE or a Sport for sure. Anyway you don't get wheels with the standard model!!!!!!!!!!!! confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

In a nutshell, the basic model prices don't look to have altered that much, but if you price up a 2.0T and spec it up to the same level of equipment as the current S-Line, it comes out at approx £1800 more.

Cheers,

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm starting to think the S Line was a promotion so Audi could shift allot of in stock 1.8T engines and Body Kits for the current shape before they moved onto the new shape and new engines in Jan.

I have to say though that I'm not fussed if this is the reason it was launched, as its meant I've ended up with the best looking A4 on the road yet, at a bargin price grin.gif

Think this will be my last A4 for a while though after seeing the pics of the new one, and a new A6 in the flesh, which IMO looks terrible with that god dam new nose !

Any how's you should get an idea of which way I would go from the above, and welcome to TSN grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

"ChrisAn" - I owuld go for an Sline Quattro!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are a few for sale up her in the Aberdeen Dealership. A Red one (Avant - think it is Quattro?) and a Black one. You will still be able to get one but not order one now with your own spec.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice to know their out of sale now, means they should stay reasonably exclusive in my area. Not seen another one for 200 miles grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

If you go on audi.de they are offering S-line on the new A4, it will be here in a couple of months too no doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if it will come hear as a selection of extra's, like the rest of Europe, or if they will offer a new S Line (all-in) package like the current UK model.

[ QUOTE ]

Probably offer an all in package again, works out cheaper for the buyer and more profitable for Audi no doubt, and there is nothing in the usual S-line package that people would turn their nose up at.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just had a look at the new A6 configurator : The S Line packages are offered on all models in two forms, an £800 body kit package and a £1,400 performance package. You need to add both to get the kit which is offered on the current A4 S Line. Should think they will offer somthing similar on the new A4, which will make the S-Line type packages similar to the current Sport packages, and far more common I would think !

Bear in mind that all the panels, lights etc are different on the cabrio, and the fact that when the Audi 80 was replaced by the A4 the (Audi 80 based) Audi Cabrio remaiuned unchanged right up until the later shape A4 was launched so it effectively missed an entire generation.

My guess is that the current A4 Cab will do the same, skip this facelift and maybe an entirely new A4 Cabrio with the next major change after that.

[ QUOTE ]

Bear in mind that all the panels, lights etc are different on the cabrio, and the fact that when the Audi 80 was replaced by the A4 the (Audi 80 based) Audi Cabrio remaiuned unchanged right up until the later shape A4 was launched so it effectively missed an entire generation.

My guess is that the current A4 Cab will do the same, skip this facelift and maybe an entirely new A4 Cabrio with the next major change after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it will miss a complete overhaul, but I think it will get stung by the new Nose before to long. Its the new coporate face they say, so they will want it on all models IMHO !