Roadster 225 or V6

quattroboy

Which One?  

1. 1. Which One?

• Chevrolet Camero
    • Chrysler Sebring

I own a chipped TTR 225 which is runnin near 290BHP and a little over 310lbs/ft. I would take the 225 any day after driving a V6 a few times. The V6 feels sluggish and I despise the Auto box IMO. The manuel V6 is an improvement although still not quick enough and too bouncy, not stiff enough around corners. Everytime I come against V6 coupe's/roadsters I give them a beating on the motorway, country side roads and corners. Go for the chipped 255, much more fun IMHO! cool.gif

I've got a V6 DSG TT at the moment and I am enjoying it.. (saying that I'm getting itchy feet again crazy.gif), but I couldn't disagree with Gworks more...

If the suspension was any harder my fillings would drop out.. it's much firmer than any of the T verions. Also the V6 is one of the least lazy V engines I have driven.. much like the V8 in the new S4.. breaths very well..

The DSG is a compromise.. I like it round town and once you get onto the paddles you can change gear as quick as a manual.. My only dislike is that you can't lock it into a gear..

Audi see DSG as the future and I reckon that the next generation of high performance cars will have it.. Porsche are looking at it too apparantly!!.. it's not a million miles away from what they race with

Dave

Depends what you want - chipped 225 doesnt sound half as nice as the V6 - awesome sound.

But I dont think the V6 is anywhere near as fast as the 225 when you have spent some money on it, and with plenty 330 conversions around plenty power to be had.

Like I said really depends what you want - fast comfy nice sound or more manic experience.

An interesting spread of opinion; I do like the whoosh and surge of a turbo. I did take a V6 coupe for a test last year but had the sales guy with me so felt a bit restricted. I suppose the two-and-a-half to three grand difference would go along way towards some serious mods. Plus I could get some Competition alloys for it 169144-ok.gif