[Audi A3/S3] Ram air intake

gaia

Hello Paul

Thanks for your opinion.

As I mentioned, it gets hot in South Africa. These cars don't perform well when heat sinks in. I guess it could be considered extreme, but I am a fanatic and I love to tinker, rather than bolt on.

Another attachment showing the turbo-fan herewith.

Regards

Stuart

post-1846-137914283464_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Hello Drillslinger

Thanks for your input. Out of interest, which ideas might you try on yours mate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry dude, been busy smashfreakB.gif

I like how you've gotten the feed from the "Wheel Well" to the front. I always thought the facelift air feed went all the way through the wheel well, but when I dropped my front end to swap grills, found out that all it did was pull air from the engine bay smashfreakB.gif But the way the metal is, it's a PITA to get any hose through. So I like the way you've modded it up to make room 169144-ok.gif

242664-Ram%20air.JPG

beerchug.gif

Hello Drill....

Yep, I guess if you are going to do it, do it right, but admittedly this was a big job and the car was out of action for a while, which is inconvenient and a pain. So nice to drive her again though.

More detail attached.

Regards

Stuart

post-1846-137914283547_thumb.jpg

I understand dude. The job done on your car's Ace though 169144-ok.gif But it shows me that there ARE possibilities wink.gif I figure I'll just do something with a 90 degree bit of PVC. Question though, how much of a "Structural" piece is the metal bit in front of and below the std air feed? Think if I just cut a "U" shape into the front to allow some air hose to drop down it'd be OK?

Thx beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Didn't mean the wing Paul. What I was reffering to was the shiny silver bit shown here:

242664-Ram%20air.JPG

After the hose comes through the "wall" it drops down over a "Shelf" of Alu, then drops down towards the front. On mine, that "Shelf" comes forward too much to squeeze the hose through smashfreakB.gif

beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i follow, i meant to get the duct up past the headlight.

Thats alot of work.

Hello Guys

Drill, I don't think opening up the standard feed hole will compromise the structural integrity of the plate, especially if you reinforce the connection of the pipe tunneling through, as I have done. In itself, a round pipe has tremendous structural strength.

post-1846-137914283587_thumb.jpg