[Audi A3/S3] Have got a 3.2 DSG Sportback for the day

18ME

I wonder if I am supposed to replace the fuel I'll have used by the end of the day. wink.gif mind you it only had 158 miles on it so I won't be thrashing it everywhere although I've got to see how the DSG works in sport mode though haven't I!

I've took some pics at home to compare against my A4 avant (I'll upload later) which does look a fair bit bigger than the Sportback and my interior is also noticably nicer too (quality wise and comfier) and my seats have wider seat bases but still keep you in place.

The Sportback does feel a lot more agile though and cornering would be more fun, saying that it does tend to understeer more than mine on a tight roundabout.

Overall its a very tidy package but I'm not sure that I want to pay in excess of £30k (with options) on an A3 now that I've sat inside it as it does exude quality like the A4 does....I've still got a few hours left with it though. grin.gif

Your A4 is stunning anyway with all the kit. The A3 looks a bit bland from the rear and I think could do with a small spoiler, S3 style. I actually think the nose looks quite good on the Sportback. But saying that for the money I would rather have an S-Line A4 than a sportback.

Thanks for the comments 169144-ok.gif

Obviously I wouldn't swap the A4 for that particular red Sportback, it would have to be at least an S Line or S3/RS3 in a dark colour if and when it comes out as the standard sport looks just that 'standard'. However the comparison in the pics was more of a size, quality and feel test than a looks test.

It does pass on size but the interior quality isn't upto the A4's IMO and the feel of the car is that it is more agile and nimble but it doesn't really give you a sense of quality and large car feel like the A4 does which for me spending over £30k on a smaller hatchback (sorry Sportback) needs very careful consideration.