EVO 8 FQ400!!!

bazza_g

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

be aware be very aware although excellent car to live with mitsubishi warranty aint worth poo my clutch gave in less than 1 year old with 7k on clock and not only would my local dealer do nothing on warranty they where very ignorant and unhelpfull they wouldn't even give a discount on labour £800 so with standard item fitted u can add £1600 per annum to servicing costs if u did 14k which i would suggest not unreasonable this alongside £300 every 4.5k starts to get pricey

• 10 months later...

As with most car makers, Mitsubishi won't cover 'consumable' items under their warranty (Stuff like brake pads, clutches, tyres etc.) unless it is their fault. It is difficult to differentiate between a clutch wearing out due to a fault and one wearing out due to misuse. I suspect if your dealer had claimed for the clutch to be replaced due to a judder or as a result of an oil leak Mitsubishi warranty would have paid but to replace the clutch just because it had worn out, regardless of the mileage would just not be considered.

Also, from work I have done on similar Evos I know that Mitsubishi recommend replacing the flywheel at the same time as the clutch. So if your dealer only charged £800 they either cut corners or made a contibution to the cost.

The car was less than 6 month sold, maybe they did contribute. I never drove the car hard but i have heard of other people having similar probs on FQ300's, maybe it was some sort of fault?

Anyway sold the car couldn't justify poss clutch every 3000 miles and servicing to boot.

RS6 i bought to replace it was in a different league, just awsome. Best car i have ever owned !!

Clutches are notorious on Evo's. A lot tend to be down to mis-use however some (as above) tend to "just go" and Mitsubishi will very rarely cover it under warranty. My Evo 6 has done approx 26000 and is still on its original clutch.

Brakes are also another touchy subject on Evo's. Discs can warp by simply looking at them! Mitsubishi sometime skim the discs but again they very rarely replace them.

• 2 months later...