Whats the Clio V6 really like compared to the 182?

18ME

We've had an 03 plate 172 that I've just sold and took in an R reg Saxo 1.1 in P/X against it...the wife's not best pleased as she's got to drive it until I've sorted her a replacement out grin.gif

I have just provisionally ordered a black 182 with cup suspension and cup spoilers but I've been thinking very hard about the V6 as I can get a healthy discount off but the practicalities of it are putting me off a bit but then I have another look at the pics and the specs and then all the worries of being practical go out of the window.

I suppose I'll be slightly envious that the wife will have it as her everyday car and I'll be stuck with the Touareg, although I can swap from time to time.

What do you think?

<ul type="square"> [*]The V6 is very nearly double the price of the 182 [*]The V6 only has 2 seats [*]The V6 has no boot or carrying capacity to mention [*]But the V6 is well a V6 right behind your ears cool.gif

gallery4.jpg

image4.jpg

gallery1.jpg

gallery4.jpg

THats Crap - is there no one local to you with a second hand one?

I had a quick spin some time ago and I loved it, just didnt want to spend all that money at the time - would definately consider one, but I think it is something you might have to sconsider as a longer term prospect as i dont think they sell quick second hand.

I have a Black gold 182 Clio with cup pack and it is fantastic fun (bearing in mind I went from a 300bhp+ Audi A8 4.2Q) but I have just ordered a V6 for a mate (on discount) also in black Gold, It arrives this week and I reckon it's going to look evil in Black, can't wait to have a go in it. I say you've got the VW for space, buy the V6 for the good lady, I'm sure she'll thank you for it !!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I have just ordered a V6 for a mate (on discount) also in black Gold

[/ QUOTE ]

What sort of discount are we looking at then wink.gif do you work for Renault or a dealership?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you look in the back of Autocar, there a couple of new ish ones for around the £20k mark. Even if you dont want to buy an old one you could get a free test drive?? beerchug.gif

P.S Sunday Times usually have a few

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What sort of discount are we looking at then wink.gif do you work for Renault or a dealership?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a relative that works for Renault so it's the framily and friends discount, the saving depends on which model. Clio 182 is 22%, V6 is 15%

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a relative that works for Renault so it's the framily and friends discount, the saving depends on which model. Clio 182 is 22%, V6 is 15%

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

So what did you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fantastic grin.gif

The looks that it gets is unreal, the sound that it makes is quite nice too. It actually feels a lot different to drive compared to the 172/182 as in it feels a lot heavier...which it is, but in a good way. Grip is also very good, well planted and the rear will only step out when really provoked.

Just deciding on colour now as the 182 will be black gold so the V6 might have to be aliad blue, its a bit like the R32 pearl blue. not that the V6 needs to stand out anymore than it does. grin.gif

Yep, the A4 went within hours of dropping the price to £22500, it will be missed as I really liked that car, but we have to move on. grin.gif

Colour wise, the blue does look good in the flesh and is a std metallic colour so no extra charge. Other no charge colours are Black Gold Illusion paint, Mars Red met and Titanium met. The other illusion colours are over £1000 option. So I'll stick to the blue. wink.gif

JT, you're very welcome to have a look in Stratford unless I've got it for the day then it'll parked outside the Broadway shop. grin.gif

I've driven nearly every clio (seeing as I run the club ClioSport, lol), and have had a good 2 hour drive in a mk2 clio v6.

The 182 is a very capable car, you can throw it around and it handles superbly, looks good too imo. The v6 also handles well, very well, but has the bonus of masses of torque, a superb engine sound, and of course those looks. Whether that justifies the price, is entirely a personal choice!

[ QUOTE ]

I've driven nearly every clio (seeing as I run the club ClioSport, lol), and have had a good 2 hour drive in a mk2 clio v6.

The 182 is a very capable car, you can throw it around and it handles superbly, looks good too imo. The v6 also handles well, very well, but has the bonus of masses of torque, a superb engine sound, and of course those looks. Whether that justifies the price, is entirely a personal choice!

[/ QUOTE ]

JasT, are you going to run an R32sport.net now then grin.gif

I had roughly 2 hours in the Clio V6 too and what enjoyable 2 hours they were. In your opinion is the Clio V6 a more enjoyable proposition than the R32 if you completely ingore the practicality of the Golf? I had an R32 last year for a few months and thoroughly enjoyed it but I must admit I kept having a look at the V6 Clio at the 2002 motorshow and thinking to myself what a fantastic looking car but at the time I couldn't get friends and family discount on the Renault. wink.gif