[Audi A3/S3] Audi A3 sport (20 VALVE) exhaust advice needed

a3sport

Hi guys, need some help. I noticed my exhaust was blowing so took it down the local exhaust garage and they quoted me the folowing:

Exhaust centre pipe £64.65+ vat, rear box @ £164.69 + vat and 2 clamps @ 99p each total including vat £271.80 !!!!

Basically Iam not going to give £271.80 on a standard exhaust so im wondering what performance exhaust you would get for that sort of money. Anything cheaper would be great as spending £300 on an exhaust a few weeks before xmas is a killer.

Thanks for any help in advance 169144-ok.gif

i dont think your get a performance one cheaper,

you could put the money towards a Milltek, but personally (on my S3) they dont fit particularly well, dont give much if any performance gain, and look crap hanging lopsided under the bumper line

They are also 2.5" diameter, which the S3 is anyway.

so in my case i would be paying just for the stainless steel and the bling factor. smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure you'll be able to get one cheaper than that, but at least you could get a decent nice sounding high-grade steel one for around the same money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the thing, if i have to spend £300 on an exhaust then I dont mind spending it on a peformance one but to spend that sort of money on a standard one is a waste of money

[ QUOTE ]

Paul, funny you should mention that - my M8 has exactly the same problem with a milltek exhaust (On a golf)

Quick question for you, if i didn't put a stainless on my S3 would i still get the same power upgrade when I chip it? (AmD Stage 1) and have you change the cat for a sports one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably would get the same results. Ess Three on ASN doesnt rate his Miltek at all, inc cats and hasnt had any gain from them, maybe even a drop in torque.

My exhaust is completly standard, inc cats.

Even Mr Milltek will admit the S3 offering do not offer much (if any) improvement in performance. But they do sell it as improving drivability, ie smoothness, much the same as a DV can improve gearchanges...