Good Handover ???

As there were quite a few of us who picked up our cars on Saturday, how did you rate the experience.

I picked mine up from Southampton Audi at 9:00am and found the whole experience quite special. Was made to feel at ease and had the obligatory coffee before getting on with the paperwork, which was explained very thoroughly.

I was asked about 3 times thoughout the handover time if there were any questions and I said I had a couple ooo.gif

The question was over the coil pack issue and I was pleasantly suprised at how honest he was and even said how many cars they have off the road. I felt quite reassured that I would be looked after if the unmentionable happened frown.gif when he had finished explaining the situation.

The other question was did the auto locking get done on PDI ? Again he called up a technician who duly introduced himself and checked that the work had been carried out. smile.gif

On a different note did everyone recieve flowers and were they boquets or potted arrangements? jump.gif

Mine was potted grin.gifjump.gif

I was taken out to inspect the car and had the controls explained, before driving off in the rain tongue.gif

Excellent experience from the dealer here too.

Mine started with us being picked up by the salesman in an Audi A8 and whisked to the dealership! (My A3 had gone the day before rather than being part exchanged).

Again like you they couldn't have been nicer, coffee, flowers, (boquet since you ask!) etc. He went through the books that came with the car etc, and took us out to the car and went through some things there.

To be honest, if anything I was rushing him a bit as it was dry but the forecast was for rain and I kept looking out of the window at the clouds that were gathering and was desperate to get away before it rained so we could drive off with the hood down! As it happened it didn't rain till the afternoon.

The thrill of easing out of the dealership onto the main road in my brand spanking new Cabriolet with it's new year number on the day of issue and the roof down will stay with me a long time... cool.gif

Have to agree Ari - the feeling of driving off the forecourt was indeed very special.

I had the best part to come on Sunday - Roof DOWN jump.gif

Were running in periods discussed too?? I was told to keep the revs below 3,000 for the 1st 1000 miles. This is proving really difficult as the car just wants to GO the_finger.gif

Its proving even harder bearing in mind how the multitronic box works ECLIPSe.gif

Probably for the best mate....!! grin.gif

Actually, as I waited to turn out of the dealership I was half tempted to switch off the ESP and leave in a wheelspinning screech up the road, but figured it might not help my cause with any warranty issues regarding the drivetrain! smashfreakB.gifha.gif

I can still remember clearly the day I picked my S3 up. It was obviously in Spain so perhaps a little different. When I got my Golf that had a special vw cover on it and they 'unveiled' my new car for me but not with the S3. There weren't many S3's in the area and they were proud of it grin.gif So instead it was polished to buggery and sat right in the middle of the showroom, next to the reception desk. I had the whole spiel with the fancy keyring, the leather-bound book, membership of the audi club, god knows what else. He did show me round the controls, i immediately asked what the whirring noise coming from under the bonnet was and thats when i first met the aftercooler lol. To be honest, all the time he was running through the stuff i was just sat there staring at my car. I wasn't listening smile.gif Just thinking "Thats MINE" Its kind of satisfying watching other people who are there to pick up their cars yet who can't stop checking out and peering into your new car grin.gif

Pulling out of the showroom was another great feeeling. There's something about new cars - they never feel 100% right when you get them, certainly not nice and loose and like they're going to be good through the bends quite yet but they just feel so damn new and that is very satisfying. I can still remember driving the mile or so to the first petrol station and filling it up for the first (of many) time(s). Walking to pay, taking about 50 'casual glances' at your new toy sat there waiting for you....ahhhhhh laugh.gif

Even 'running in' was a pleasure - i couldn't believe how keen it felt and how amusing i found climbing a pretty steep mountain in 4th and 5th and the car still wanted to cane it uphill. Even when i was trying to be gentle with it.

The car is nearly 2 years old now and has never looked anything other than new but to me its not 'new' anymore. Not sure when it stopped being so, its not as though its covered in scratches. Picking up my Golf was special but the day I finally got my mitts on my own S3 was something else heart.gif

I just remembered a good 'un...

A mate of mine is a Jag salesman and before that he was at Ford. He told me a great story about the day he spent at another dealership (to show them how to sell cos he was good) where apparently the Sales Manager was a right cock...

Skip to Sales Manager handing over a Ka to a lady who had been waiting for AGES for this bloody car...they did all the paperwork and he handed over the car. The woman asked if he wouldn't mind driving the car out for her as she was unsure about piloting her new and unfamiliar car out of the showroom.

"Of course not, Madam - my pleasure" was the obvious reply. Apparently, just as he was pulling away he rolled down the window and said to her "You're going to love this car" before driving straight through the massive glass door he'd failed to open yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.giffekr.gif

I'm not sure just how much damage was done to the car but IIRC it was A LOT - thats apart from the damage to the showroom lol.giflol.giflol.gif

dumb fekr.gif

[ QUOTE ]

"Of course not, Madam - my pleasure" was the obvious reply. Apparently, just as he was pulling away he rolled down the window and said to her "You're going to love this car" before driving straight through the massive glass door he'd failed to open

I'm not sure just how much damage was done to the car but IIRC it was A LOT - thats apart from the damage to the showroom

[/ QUOTE ]

D'ooooooooooooooooohh!!!! smashfreakB.gifsmashfreakB.gifsmashfreakB.giffekr.gif

I received my car on the back of a trailer as the dealership is quite some way away and it was the preferred method of delivery for both of us, it turned up at 10:30 and looked fantastic (link to pics in another post). The handover was non existent as the delivery driver (nice chap) did not work for Audi but contracted to the job. I set about my checks and came up with a list of a few things that were not right, you (proabably don't...) know the sort of thing, a stone chip, 3 'dings' (as the dealership called them when I said 'dents') in the rear offside top panel, 2 roof isssues, no petrol in the tank mad.gif and missing AVS kit, plus some other minor things.

I called to inform them of this, and requested a phone handover/explanation of warranty and breakdown etc. The car is going back (on the back of a trailer !) to have the problems rectified - fairly expensive way of doing things !! I wonder what I'll get while it's away ?

What mileage did you guys have on your odometer ? I had what I thought was a whopping 32 miles which they have as yet been unable to explain.

I've asked for quotes on a couple of retro-fit items - the multi function steering wheel (why,oh why did I not go for it as a no-cost option ?!) and the dipping mirror, gonna try and haggle due to the disappointment ?

Saying all that, it didn't really mar the experience, the car is fantastic - such a pleasure, quite sedate and refined after having a little roller skate to throw around. Oh, and I didn't get any bloody flowers, after spending all that dosh - the cheek !

Really sorry to hear about your disappointments regarding the car delivery, I think that is appalling! rocketwhore.gif

My car had 9 miles on it when I took delivery. 32 seems a lot!

My car (as a non sport spec) would have come with the four spoke multi function steering wheel as standard, but I changed it on the order for the non multi function three spoke sports wheel as it is a much nicer steering wheel. Unless you have excessively short arms and can't reach the stereo wink.gif then go and have a good look at the four spoke wheel before you decide for sure...

Pigeonfish

Sorry to hear about your issues, what specifically were the roof issues?

It appears Audi are having a few issues delivering the Carbiolet's, I would definetly make a call to the Audi customer service line.

FYI mine had 11 miles when I took delivery last September.

AZ

My Rs had about 48 miles on the clock when I picked it up, but apparantly quattro GMbH take the cars out on a test track to check it all out. I have read this elsewhere aswell.

Apart from that it was immaculate.. saying that some of the interior plastics needed a bit of a clean.. but just cosmetic

dave

Thanks for the responses.

The roof issues were offside exterior hood not fitting into rubber, and interior - VERY slack string with the interior roof lining sitting at an angle which is most definately different to the position it should sit (no doubt due to the slack strings).

After owning one of the early 206 CC's (yeah yeah, I know...) these issues are only minor (that has been in and out of the dealership every other month since 2001!). The difference with Audi is that I know that these issues will be resolved to my satisfaction.

Oh, and Ari - I know what you mean about the steering wheel, the Sports' is quite aesthetically pleasing where the multi-function was designed, well, with multiple functions in mind and not looks smile.gif but I am used to having stereo controls to hand, being the lazy git that I am ! I am just trying to think of lo-cost goodies I can maybe wangle out of them for all of this inconvenience smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I am just trying to think of lo-cost goodies I can maybe wangle out of them for all of this inconvenience

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have thought what with air bags and stuff a new wheel is a pretty expensive and complicated to fit item, especially given the limited advantage to you.

I'd be more inclined to go for "easy supply" stuff which would be easier for the garage and therefore more likely that you'll get it. Things like a windbreak if you haven't got one, or have a look through the web site at their Audi merchandise, clothing, nice bags, that sort of stuff. If it is easier for them to obtain and just give to you then you're probably in with more chance of getting it...

Just my tenpenneth worth...