How to connect a digibox to a flat panel monitor??

Ben

Any ideas? Need to connect from any of the video outs below to RGB or DVI.

1 x IEC female (Signal input)

1 x IEC male (RF loop through, modulator output)

2 x SCART (TV, AUX)

2 x Audio L/R (RCA / Cinch type)

1 x S/P-DIF RCA / Cinch type)

1 x RS232 (9pin)

I seem to have a 17" flat panel laying around and want to watch TV on it in my bedroom grin.gif I've had a search through the Blackbox and Maplin books but no joy.

beerchug.gif

Ben

I believe you need a convertor the ones that come to mind are the Pro-V...here: http://www.av-sales.com/plasma/html/prov_converter.html (also with built in tuner and remote)

you can get it for £99 from Keene electronics...the only thing is the input is s-video or composite so rgb doesn't seem an option. ...excellent for 99 quid though

I would have pointed you to www.rgbtosvideo.com which IMHO is the best provider of convertors..i'll defo buy one for the Plasma when i get.

However i read this blurb on the site>

PC monitors and TFT Screens typically have a line frequency requirement starting from 30kHz, which is higher that TV line frequencies. Therefore, the RGB to Plasma VGA unit is not compatible with these monitors. Some such monitors have S-Video input, therefore you may be interested in the RGB to S-Video Converter.

Cheers mate. Bought one of those Pro V things so it better bleeding work! Flat panels are pretty cheap at the moment so this seems the way forwards. I have a harman/kardon PC speaker system that will plug into the back of that ProV thingy so that takes care of the sound. I'll let you know how I get along.

Thanks for the help,

Ben