Do MINI's hold their value well ??

bazza_g

grin.gif......Yes is the answer !! They are incredible - they don't really depreciate !! The gf is getting her Cooper S later in the month, she agreed a trade in on her 3.5 year old 23k mile Cooper for £9750 - it was £13k new shocked.gif - £1k depreciation a year for some fun, reliable, headturning driving 169144-ok.gif

shocked.gif If you take the VAT out of the original cost its lost virtually nothing in 3 years 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

grin.gif......Yes is the answer !! They are incredible - they don't really depreciate !! The gf is getting her Cooper S later in the month, she agreed a trade in on her 3.5 year old 23k mile Cooper for £9750 - it was £13k new shocked.gif - £1k depreciation a year for some fun, reliable, headturning driving 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That is incredible value.

[ QUOTE ]

headturning driving 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The gf or the car grin.gif

And get this, they have just introduced a service package whereby you pay £450, and get warranty and free servicing for 8 YEARS!!! and it is transferable and addable to the existing TLC pack!

There are a lot of people who are keen to see the MINI bubble burst due to it being BMW, it just ain't gonna happen though, not for a long time yet 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

And get this, they have just introduced a service package whereby you pay £450, and get warranty and free servicing for 8 YEARS!!! and it is transferable!

There are a lot of people who are keen to see the MINI bubble burst due to it being BMW, it just ain't gonna happen though.

[/ QUOTE ]

8 Years servicing for £450, surely not. EEK2.GIF that must be £450 PA

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

And get this, they have just introduced a service package whereby you pay £450, and get warranty and free servicing for 8 YEARS!!! and it is transferable!

There are a lot of people who are keen to see the MINI bubble burst due to it being BMW, it just ain't gonna happen though.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I kid you not!

'tis called TLC XL. notworthy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Similar to what they offered me on the RS6.

Oh no, let me think, that was closer to the per month figure. fekr.gif

[ QUOTE ]

She'll love it, we just got fed up paying the £170/month insurance and silly fuel bills, GF does 40 miles a day to work and back.

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif is that £170 a month for insurance only or insurance&fuel ?? Lady T got a quote today (including me) for £520p/a all in ?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I kid you not!

'tis called TLC XL. notworthy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bloody hell... how are they going to make money on that deal ?

Surprisinly not as bad as you'd think, GF has 2 yrs NCB and I have 4, C32 costs me £120/month. This was one of the factors which influenced me getting one, I had always wanted one but I figured they'd be expensivo to insure. Old Clubsport, a much slower car, cost exactly the same to insure. An M3, a car with less power and similar performance would have cost me £2200/year. Even a C43, which is older and has 50bhp less, would have cost £2300.

I couldn'r work it out and thought the insurance companies were making a mistake, so I rang a few and they all said the same thing. How can a 350 bhp car cost the same to insure as a 230bhp one?

[ QUOTE ]

Bloody hell... how are they going to make money on that deal ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this deal must just be a loss leader. I'd certainly be tempted. I also wonder if it is transferrable - not many people hang on to their cars for 8 years.

• 4 weeks later...

NO is the answer. I think someone deleted my previous post. If you want to loose more than 2k in a year on cooper S I suggets you buy a new one. Don't know about the other models but I can't shift mine privately. Buy a second hand model and get a cracking deal.

Welcome Frada01, it would indicate by your post count that this infact is your first post ?

Re values, I believe they aren't holding as well as before across the board of Mini's, but the issue IMO with the Cooper S is the amount of money it costs new with spec, to cars in the same price tag range, eg the cupra / cupra r.

People who want "trendy" motors with power will have the money to buy new regardless I feel, so people are less likely to part with top dollar amounts second hand especially when other cars with similar prices have loads better spec ?

Just my view though, don't get me wrong Mini's rock love em to bits 169144-ok.gif

• 2 weeks later...