Is the 2.5tdi Manual underpowered?

The missus is considering a 2.5Tdi Treg (possibly sport trim) without air suspension. Should I be excited by this or not. My concern is that the engine is too small for the 2.5 tonnes of car and that without the air suspension it will be missing most of the tricks. I should state that this will probably be a fair weather 4x4 with very occasional light off road action. So what do you recommend? Many thanks! 169144-ok.gif

• 1 month later...

Dont know about the power of the oil burner engine, but you are not missing a great deal by not including the air suspension.

Yes its nice, and works well, but it wont make all that much difference. My V6 had the stock and performed fantastically in all weathers and with a little 'off road'.

My new V8 came with the air sus, and is equally as brilliant, but not sure it is worth the extra cash.

The only difference is the power for getting onto the highway, and drifting in the snow with traction turned off, like this morning!

11 inches of the white stuff overnight, and I never clear my drive, even so, and without fiddling with the dif lock or Low modes, the Touareg powers through, and never loses traction.

Great Truck!

• 2 months later...