Got an S4 brochure in the post

s4dreamer

My friendly dealer sent me an S4 brochure in the post and it arrived this morning.

WOW!

The car is definitely growing on me. Understated it may be, but there are some subtle styling touches that come out looking better in the brochure images.

Now, I just have to wait for the demonstrator to arrive at the dealers, then I know I'll be hooked smile.gif

Me too. Looks good but I don't like the colours (non-metallic red and nagaro blue) and I'm not sure they haven't touched up the pics to make it look a little more glossy. I'd like to see one in a 'normal' colour like silver or black. Dealer is calling me at end of March to arrange a test drive of a demo model.

Don't doubt it'll drive well but not yet convinced that it looks special enough - why I need to see it in the flesh.

Dealer maintains there's lots of 'interest' out there but looking at this forum I don't see it, which may not bode well for residuals. Am I wrong?

Jimmy

given that the new s4 is about £44k with essential extras, will anyone actually be prepared to buy one? Flush.gif can't see this car retaining any of its value, due to the probable availability of new models, maybe £18K-£20 after three years? wot u thinkin? how well did the last s4 do on release - as far as i can see it is a tremendous 2nd hand buy but did anyone ever buy a new one? how much did they come in at with the necessary extras?

You wanna talk depreciation?

When I collected my A4 Cabrio two weeks ago I was picked up by the sales guy in a fully loaded A8 demonstrator. Don't know how old it was, but six months max I'd say, and very low mileage. It was circa £45K new, but of course theres a new A8 coming out about now and they wanted to get shot of it.

He told me that if I knew anyone that wanted it they'd take £24K for it...!! EEK2.GIF

£20K+ in 6 months?

Now thats what I call depreciation! shocked.gifsuicide.gif

I had just this discussion with my wife yesterday, funnily enough.

Saw a 2001 S4 Avant on Audi's web site for £26K (a little overpriced maybe), and was tempted to ditch the tractor for it.

After a long discussion with the missus we decided that it would be better to hang on to the tractor for another year(-ish wink.gif) and then buy a 2nd hand new model S4, because I'd prefer that over the old model S4 (not that there's anything wrong with that car). I'd probably look for an ex-demonstrator as both my past 2 Audi's have been ex-demo. Should get it at a reasonable discount off new at 6-months old. Might even take a year old one if I wait until summer 2004 for it. Or, if the economy picks up, I might even hang on for an RS4 - I mean, that should come fully loaded for around £50k and should hold its value much better than the S4.