Gonna get myself one of these M3 jobs

RS4_Barry

Guys after having a go in an M3 gotta have one. Should I go manual or SMG2? Apparantly SMG2 is supposed to be fab way better than the first one and equally as quick as the trad 6 speed manual. The one I test drove was an SMG and it took a little while to get used to but felt pretty good (nice blip on the downchanges etc) I'm also slightly favoring the cab at the moment but I ask myself do we really get the weather? Opinions please? smashfreakB.gif

Barry,

you're worse then me,

you also want to change every 5seconds and have a problem finding the right car

but you take it one thousands steps further

you actually do it every time

mate, don't get a M3,

go buy a 993 GT2,

you'll be happy forever!!!

Barry, if i was to get another M3 to replace the one i have then i would probably go for the SMG box, the manual box has a long throw on the gear change and the clutch is very hard work in traffic due to the long pedal travel. SMG Cabs seem to be popular at the moment so might be the way to go

Well went and drove the M3 again and decided nah not for me. My problem is that since the RS4 no car has really impressed me that much soooo I bought a Cooper S to potter about in until I really make my mind up and I'll sell the RS6 privately! Roll on the 240bhp conversion ;-)

[ QUOTE ]

do we really get the weather? Opinions please? smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Its bad enough down here mate, with the weather, but having owned a TTR, as long as its dry, it doesn't matter how cold it is really!

My personal best was -5 degrees from Lincoln to London early one winters morning, with the roof down. (Just get a good hat, and have the heaters and heated seats on full bollocks) grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Its bad enough down here mate, with the weather, but having owned a TTR, as long as its dry, it doesn't matter how cold it is really!

My personal best was -5 degrees from Lincoln to London early one winters morning, with the roof down. (Just get a good hat, and have the heaters and heated seats on full bollocks) grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Top man!!! cool.gif

• 1 month later...

Judging from what i see at the local racetrack (Zolder, Belgium), I only have 1 piece of advice: Stay away from the SMG boxes: they break down all the time. Often 2-4 E46 M3s there, usually the ones with SMG get towed, and the manuals stop coz they get scared prolly...

Brake upgrade is a good idea BTW