Claudia sighted!!!

Ari

Went to Sainsburys this morning, then called into Next on the way out to pick up a towel ring for my new bathroom.

Pulled into the car park, oh look, an Audi Cabrio.

Oh its Moro Blue too.

And it has the same wheels I had on my last Cabrio.

Wait a minute...

And sure enough it was Claudia! laugh.gif

The new owner was just getting in and recognised my number plate as it was still on the old car when he test drove it so got out for a chat.

She's still going well, 21,000 miles on her now (8,000 when I changed last year). She is looking absolutely filthy though, which I think he was a tad embarassed about... blush.gif

Anyway, he's had no problems with her what so ever, which is good to hear.

Good to see an old friend, even if she is looking a little less than pristine right now.

Sorry to jump in JP, but I've just removed the badges from the back of my car. I found the best thing to do was to heat them with a hair dryer and then use dental floss to remove them. The heat makes removing the adhesive easier. There was a small amount of residue left on the car so I used T-Cut to remove that in the same way you would remove a small scratch.

Worked a treat!

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry to jump in JP, but I've just removed the badges from the back of my car. I found the best thing to do was to heat them with a hair dryer and then use dental floss to remove them. The heat makes removing the adhesive easier. There was a small amount of residue left on the car so I used T-Cut to remove that in the same way you would remove a small scratch.

Worked a treat!

[/ QUOTE ]

personally i've never had any problems using anything more complex than a screwdriver covered with some tape. takes a few seconds. just gently ease the badge away. the residue can be removed with your fingernail 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The new owner... recognised my number plate as it was still on the old car when he test drove it so got out for a chat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought you had a new style seven digit trick plate? Obviously not as you wouldn't have held delivery of the new car until March 1st before transfering the old plate over...

Ian C confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

DM

What worked best to remove the badges?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did a bit of a hatchett job on my 1.9TDI badge on the back. Used a small screwdriver and got all the letters of apart from the I - when the screwdriver slipped! Small scratch but it will T-cut out - or put the badge over on re-sale! I would recommend the taped screwdriver or the cotton!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The new owner... recognised my number plate as it was still on the old car when he test drove it so got out for a chat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought you had a new style seven digit trick plate? Obviously not as you wouldn't have held delivery of the new car until March 1st before transfering the old plate over...

Ian C confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a very trick seven figure personal plate. cool.gif