R32 to Elise 111S?!

MattR32

Just been looking at low emission cars that I may be able to run though my company (an R32 is an absolute no no!).

Trawled throuh stacks of incredibly dull cars then spotted that an Elise 111S (the sort of luxury version! wih about 160bhp) has incredibly low emissions.

Could I live with the impracticality?

Hmmm - May try one out. FIREdevil.gif

grin.gif Elise 111s was also on my list of possibles to succeed the R32, but the lure of the Turbo's tuneability and the Vauxhall running costs swung it for me 169144-ok.gif I'm probably going to do about 15k miles a year in the VXT and so far its been top stuff.

They are pretty close relations, the VX and Elise so I suppose the good points are how flipping fast they are, great for the summer etc. The negative would be that as the seats are not adjustable (drivers goes forward/backward, passenger is fixed) so you have to love the driving position, windscreen mists up in an instant, heater/ventilation is rubbish (we're talking driving gloves on a cold morning !), risk getting squashed on the motor way by artic trucks, plenty of fuel stops (30-something litre tank!)

...if you're feeling brave, go for it 169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif