Painting the Rear Valance and Side Skirts

martialyang

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a MK5 Golf in a few months time, but one of the things I really dislike is the fact that the rear valance (and side skirts on some models) are left non-colour-coded sportifs2.gif

My local VW dealership said that the rear valance could be painted at their bodyshop (but not at the factory), at a cost of around £400.

Has anyone else had this done on their Golf? Or know of other bodyshops that can do the same job for less? And does anyone know how much it would cost to colour-code the side skirts?

Thanks!

Chiu.

Hi,

I wouldnt have though £400 was too bad to be honest, but had you considered saving a bit and getting a kit fitted like the one:

http://www.rsdcars-uk.co.uk/CaractereVWGolfV.htm

which is one of RSDs demo cars, and you would only be looking at maybe £1200 for rear appron and side skirts and a more unique car. (I might be wrong on the price).

Anywhere will be cheaper than a VW dealership, and the service will be better too - I'm generalising, but I'm also right!

I agree with you Chiu about the rear valance. It's a real shame because it lets the car down a bit. Even the GTi, which is meant to be the top notch model, looks rubbish from the back!! Rant Over.