Roof cleaning

bec21tt

Welcome to the board! 169144-ok.gif

Regarding roof cleaning, the manual states that you shouldn't use normal car wash type stuff on the fabric as it will gradually lose its water repellancy. It wouldn't actually leak I don't think, just the water wouldn't flow off so well.

There are proper fabric roof cleaning kits you can buy, I'm pretty sure Autoglym do one, pick it up from Halfords. I think this actually reproofs the roof at the same time.

I'm normally fairly obsessive about having a clean car. When I clean it I just hose the roof with plenty of water using a normal hose and a spray gun. To be honest a year on and it still looks absolutely fine just having done this.

Based on my own experience I'd see how you get on just hosing it.

I personally wouldn't use a jet wash on it I don't think...

I agree, Ari. I don't do anything other than hose it down with plenty of water and occasionally brush it from front to back with a soft-bristled brush as I hose it. Thirteen months on and the hood still looks like new.

Don't use any soap and I would be hesitant about using a pressure washer on it - I don't think it needs it. Although I do remember Auto Express testing a Cab roof with a pressure washer for leaks, which, of course, it didn't. cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]

When hood is dry vacuum it with the brush attachment with the grain

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd forgotten about that one - apparently dust does great harm to fabric hoods which is why hosing with lots of water is good. Although you do get some strange looks from the neighbours when you vacuum the roof! They just don't understand.

smile.gif