What does everyone think about Optimax?

Roy

Not for me, I've got the A3 TDi 130, but I just bought the missus a Pug 106 and am going to try it out for while to see if the stories some people tell me about it provifing a bit more poke are true.

Lordy know her 1.1 engine needs it grin.gif

ANyone on here used it and if so how did you find it?

I think it only works best with cars which recommend Super Unleaded RON fuel, i.e. S4`s, S3`s and RS4`s etc.

Dont think it`ll make much difference except for giving the engine a good clean out after a few tanks.

Just use the standard 95 RON fuel and use Optimax now and again to keep the engine clean. smile.gif

I love it. Platonically, of course... I started using it when it came out, and found (on motorway cruises especially) it gave me on average 2-ish mpg more than ordinary UL, and had the bonus of being cheaper than SUL. Now I've been revo'd I use it exclusively, precisely because of the higher octane content - I'm running higher boost and want to avoid any det at all, if possible. I'm not sure if it makes the car go any faster, but I'm guessing that it allows the ECU (standard or chipped) to maintain a more aggressive timing profile throughout the rev range... beerchug.gif