clio 172

tuscan

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The clio defines 'Hot Hatch' IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

What heavy flabby with unresponcive steering. If you want a real hot hatch you need a time machine, go back about 10 years and get a 205 gti or an S1 106 rallye tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

erm..i'd take the Clio..and if we're agruing about real hot hatches then lets go back even further with the Renault 5 Turbo.. etc.etc..But as for cars about 'NOW'...I'd have to say that the Clio 172/182 is the best 'Hot Hatch' money can buy IMO of course

even the 172 is an older model but yes if we are talking today then I would have the clio over the 206 or CTR. 206 looks nice but isn't that impressive and you have the rev the nuts of the ctr even more than my rallye to get it to go anywhere.

And R5 tubby... you need to buy two. One to drive and one for spares when the first one blows tongue.gif

IMO it is yes, the Honda Civic Type R's probably the more reliable option, as would a Golf GTI..both would have to be older too..but if you want more bang for your buck then look at the Clio 182/172.. there alwasy seems to be good deals on them....

I think I've changed my mind...as good as the Clio maybe I guess I couldn't deal with the niggling problems that they have...I'd probably go for a Civic type R..a few years old...and hopefully owned by one careful owner..

[ QUOTE ]

I'd probably go for a Civic type R..a few years old...and hopefully owned by one careful owner..

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif Hopefully being the operative word ! I don't think I've seen a CTR on the road that wasn't being razzed to within an inch of its life !!