[Audi A3/S3] Chrome mirrors for the S3

joeSA

Nope , SA doesn't have ebay.

But if you know of any ebay site that has them for sale them

please let me know cos I don't mind paying extra for shipping.

The sad thing is that I bought my S3 in 2002 and Audi SA would not let me order the S3 with chrome mirrors cos it wasn't an option in SA.But now in 2003 it is suddenly an option fekr.gif

Later

Joe

If you are buying on Ebay, make sure you buy from someone with no negative feedback (or none worth mentioning anyway), and at least a star against their name. That way, you can be reasonably sure they are genuine, and probably want to keep their Ebay seller reputation high.

Pay by credit-card if you can, that protects you if the goods aren't delivered.

Whatever you do, don't send money by Western Union - there are some scams out there involving them (can't remember exactly how it goes).

Just common-sense really - be careful who you deal with, as you would be careful if buying from a street market.

Hey Joe

Nice to bump into you again after the Audi Club SA censored and banned my debate contributions from their discussion forum. I notice that it's really boring there of late.

Have you considered aerodynamically styled sports mirrors to replace the elephant ear windflaps currently on our cars?

The best I have seen thus far is at FK Automotive Deutschland, following upon a lead from an ad in Eurotuner magazine for the US distributer.

Having searched a bit so as to avoid having to use a middleman and sending any money Bush's way, I found FK's main site in Germany and lo and behold, an English language version will shortly be available.

The URL is: http://www.fk-automotive.de/ and they even have a photo of one of their chrome sports mirrors on their main page. I know that they have more than one style. Being German, I also expect these to be well made.

I have asked a buddy in Germany to check it out for me and I will let you know when I do. If you follow it up and get the info first (my bud is tied up), please let me know.

Hagus also do a nice style mirror, but they are expensive heated units and I am not sure that chrome is an option. These are 250 Pounds, 300+ Euros or 350+ Dollars. I personally will settle for hand-adjusted, provided the quality is good.

Happy Hunting.

Regards

Stuart

Hi guys

Thanx for all the replies wink.gif

OK I will check the guys rating tomorrow on EBay and then decide.

Hi Stuart , nice to hear from you.Yip the club forum is a bit dead at the moment.When is yout forum gonna be up?

I like the original Audi chrome mirrors because it doesn't make the car look ricey , but those sporty chrome mirrors are very tempting smile.gif

I will keep you updated.

Later

Joe

• 1 month later...

Did you get your mirrors in the end? Are there any more left on EBay? Is there any dealer selling after market cases on the web? How much are the OEM's from Audi? I understand you have to by the complete mirror from them?..

Sorry for all the questions.. confused.gif

Well, Joe's a bit busy moving at the moment, I'm sure he'll post if he gets some time grin.gif As for the mirrors, as of Thursday he hasn't received the mirrors from Germany, but according to my local Post Office, this isn't yet anything to worry about, as they had to go through 3 completely different postal systems to get to him smashfreakB.gif Joe got the mirrors from the German Ebay site, and you can usually find a set or 2 up for bids. Unfortunately, you have to watch out, sometimes you'll be bidding on full mirrors, and other times just the housings crazy.gif As for the Audi prices, I'm not sure how much they want, but IIRC it's TOO DAMNED MUCH!! FIREdevil.gif

beerchug.gif

• 2 months later...

Hi

Like Drill said , there are usually a few sets of chrome mirrors on the German EBay site.

Unfortunately I haven't got my mirrors and it's probably

been stolen by some fcuker mad.gif

Drill is gonna see if he can find out anything from the post office.

Later

Joe

Yeah, I'm pretty pissed off about the whole thing too. Bastard at the post office (Back in APRIL!!!) told me I couldn't insure the ****in' things, then last month when I went in to see the supervisor about running a trace on them, first question he asked was, "Did you insure them?" rocketwhore.gif

Anyway, I'll be going in today (Super. wasn't in yesterday) to find out WTF?!?! Anyone ever reported something stolen through the Post before??

beerchug.gif