Scotty

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a HEX-COM+CAN plus VAG-COM 607.2 running on a Dell laptop.

Due to unemployment buttcheeks.gif I can help out anyone near Southampton (Hants, Dorset, West Sussex) needing access to VAG-COM. Either you come to me, or I'll come to you if you'll cover the cost of my petrol (and you'll get to see/hear an RS4! 169144-ok.gif).

PM me if interested.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My car needs to be diagnosed properly.. The engine keeps cutting out after about 2 mins.

Had it diagnosed by a local mechanic, on his laptop (not VAG COM) it came up as "HALL TRANSDUCER" as the error, so got the part from Audi and replaced it but still got the same fault!!!! frown.gif

Im guessing his diagnostic software was some cheap stuff.. can anyone with VAG COM help? Im near Gants Hill in Essex. Got a old shape A3? frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I use Vag-Check rather than Vag-Com, which is essentially a PDA version of the VAG diagnostic software. I have the latest version including lead which is fully CANBUS compliant and will carry out essentially the same checks as Vag-Com. If interested I can put this on the database.

I am based in the far North of Scotland so would be useful for anyone based up here.

[ QUOTE ]

Hi, looking for someone that would install and program my VAG COM.

[/ QUOTE ]

VAG-COM installs itself - just download it from the Ross-Tech website, and click on the file. It installs itself and puts an icon on your desktop.

Connect the lead to your laptop and your car, turn the ignition on, click on the VAG-COM icon and then the Test button. VAG-COM is now fully installed and working.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

[ QUOTE ]

It might be an idea for all willing owners of VAG-COM to register their details HERE

It will then help those searching for assistance.

I've been on it for a couple of years and it's helped a few people out. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.steve-hall.com/cgi-bin/VAG-Locator.pl is going offline June 30.

I have offered to host the existing database provided I can import it and have set up a database for these and new entries at http://www.vagcomlocator.com .

The search will make it possible to find owners of not only VAGCOM but other VAG tools such as the Haldex Filter tool for our R32. Let me know what you think, I am by no means a web guru and this is a ready made database provided by my hosting service, but it should serve the purpose wink.gif

• bison unpinned this topic