Scooby for grown-ups

I've had four Imprezas:

Two Sports - put the first one on its roof, so insurance got me a new one! blush.gif

Then a '98 Terzo, proper pimp mobile, rally blue, gold alloys, Scoobysport exhaust etc. 169144-ok.gif

And until last week an '03 WRX Wagon, in black, bit more subtle but still the business.

That'll be my last Impreza I think, nothing wrong with it, loved it really, it's just that I've suddenly got all old and sensible and started wanting an auto box and comfy seats and stuff. But I didn't want to join the teutonic lemmings in Beemers and Audis, and I still wanted something that drove well.

So, last Tuesday I picked up one of these (see attachment).

post-7938-137914298991_thumb.jpg

post-7938-137914298994_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Each to their own... wink.gif

I've got the slippers already. Need a cardy before the pipe I think. SMOKE6.GIF

The thing is, for everything but badge cred, whatever that is, my Legacy pisses all over any german car five grand dearer in every department. Ok, most departments. It's a bit thirsty. grin.gif

The Forester's a real hoot by the way... waaaaay quicker than anything that shape ought to be! 169144-ok.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Looking good... have just picked up the tourer version ourselves ('tis a family thing!). Does anyone tune these things over here? Even just a remap could surely kick a couple of extra bhp out of the H6...

• 2 weeks later...

Dad's bird's dad had a scoobypreza rally spec, inc competition clutch and all that (dunno why...old man need one of those for?) very very lovely to be driven in... then he sold it for some 4x4 Honda...I cried to sleep that night.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Nothing like a legacy b4, twin turbo 280bhp automatic with superb mcintosh stereo. Leathers are very comfortable sound deadening is twice that of an impreza, no wind noise even at serious speeds and not a squeek from anywhere in the interior, spent 800 miles in a car and not even a hint of back ache and insurance to scare off most of the boy racers:)