[Audi A3/S3] Facelift Rear Lamps

Matt R

audi(facelift) or lexus style clusters....you decide?!  

1. 1. audi(facelift) or lexus style clusters....you decide?!

• lexus style
    • audi (facelift) ?

...through the hatch on each side as of you were trying to change a bulb..is that any clearer?...take the bulb holders out and disconet them by pulling the cable thingy out the back, very easy ....and then remove 4 nuts, goto the rear of the car (outside) and pull the rear cluster they will eventually come off....and put the new ones in!..sorted beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

...through the hatch on each side as of you were trying to change a bulb..is that any clearer?...take the bulb holders out and disconet them by pulling the cable thingy out the back, very easy ....and then remove 4 nuts, goto the rear of the car (outside) and pull the rear cluster they will eventually come off....and put the new ones in!..sorted beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

couldnt have put it simpler myself! beerchug.gifjump.gif

i think the clusters are ok,....but the dark ones look alot better than the high silver finsh ones you can get aswell,.....ive heard good and bad things about them though as they look good but often are not made to a good standard, ie probably not iso9001 etc etc, and leak like pampers after a good session of robinsons...anyway....i think blaas having a bad day! tongue.gif....lexus teritory it is, but that didnt stop BMW with the compact, and mazda with the 6 which imho is a beautiful car and follows on with the xedos 6 and 9 concept effortlessly ...anyway.....if you like em go for it,...doesnt matter what other people think as long as you like em!!...sorry thats my rant for the day over,....red bull here i come... smashfreakB.gif

i contemplated for a short time buying the lexus style clusters....in the end i felt they detracted from the style of "audi" and that the new facelift ones where better(not so in your face blush.gif),now that ive had them for a while i think i made the best decision! and they also look so much better than the old pre facelift ones.but like caractere says its a personel choice and if you like em...get em! jump.gif

[ QUOTE ]

i contemplated for a short time buying the lexus style clusters....in the end i felt they detracted from the style of "audi" and that the new facelift ones where better(not so in your face blush.gif),now that ive had them for a while i think i made the best decision! and they also look so much better than the old pre facelift ones.but like caractere says its a personel choice and if you like em...get em! jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

great minds think alike!! jump.gifbeerchug.gif

well, the rear clusters are the only thing I don't like about my A3...to retro( for a MY2003 car). Anyway, it's a matter of taste...I'll see how they fit and I'll decide afterwars if I keep them. rafwings.gif

Caractere 007, do you have any other pictures of the lexus style rear lights?

Still think that is look like dung.gif. But I think that it has something to do with that Lexus-style not beeing Audiish at all. The new Mazda 6, BMW 3-series Compact, and all Lexus' all looks good with those clear rear lamps. But Audi... I don't think so... I'd rather get facelift lamps for my pre-facelift A3, and if I had a facelift A3 I'd keep the original rear lamps...

My opinion once more.. Those lamps look like dung.gif.