Honda Civic Type R

Ritey

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hell bells !! as a new member i have to say im a bit saddened at the pub slanging match that seems to be going on!! Ctr R32 imprezas m3 etc are all great cars but do we need to get into slanging match that my car is .2 second quicker than yours! Lets all just appreciate and RESPECT each others motors cos lets face it if we could afford it we all be driving around in 911s DB9s etc and probably not have to much bitchin to do!! Peace! beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Just to prove my point....

Some Top Gear track stats so far (inc CTR weeing on R32)

smile.gif

Subaru Impreza WRX STi WR-1................1.29.4

Alfa Romeo Autodelta 3.7 GTA..................1.30

Subaru Impreza WRX STi..........................1.30.1

Aston Martin DB7 GT................................1.30.4

Audi S4.....................................................1.30.9

Porsche911 Turbo.....................................1.31.3

Honda NSX Type R....................................1.31.6 (W)

Mazda RX8................................................1.31.8

BMW M3....................................................1.31.8

Nissan 350Z..............................................1.31.8

Ford Focus RS............................................1.32.2

Lotus Esprit V8..........................................1.32.5

Audi TT V6 3.2...........................................1.32.7

Honda Civic Type R (04)............................1.32.8

Seat Leon Cupra R 225..............................1.32.9

Noble M12 GTO..........................................1.33.1 (W)

Merc SL55 AMG..........................................1.33.2(W)

VW Golf R32...............................................1.33.3

VW Golf GTI (Yes the new one)..................1.33.7

Renault Clio Cup (the 182 I think)..............1.33.8

W = Wet Track

[/ QUOTE ]

The list I printed off Top Gear seems to be differant to yours! The CTR dosent seem to do so well?

Ferrari F60 Enzo - 1.19.0

Ariel Atom - 1.19.5

Porsche Carerra GT - 1.19.8

Mercedes McLaren SLR - 1.20.9

Ford GT - 1.21.9

Ferrari 360 CS - 1.22.3

Porsche GT3 RS - 1.22.3

Murcielago - 1.23.7

Zonda - 1.23.8

Koenigsegg - 1.23.9

Noble - 1.25.0

Gallardo - 1.25.8

Lotus Exige - 1.26.4

Chevrolet Corvette - 1.26.8

Porsche 911 GT3 - 1.27.2

TVR 350C - 1.27.5

BMW M3 CSL - 1.28.0

Dodge Viper SRT-10 - 1.28.5

MG SV - 1.28.6

Porsche 911 Carrera S - 1.28.9 (very wet)

Mitsubishi Evo VIII - 1.28.9

BMW Alpine Z8 - 1.29.0

Mercedes CL65 - 1.29

Alfa 3.7 GTA - 1.30.0

Subaru Impreza STI - 1.30.1

Aston Martin DB7 GT - 1.30.4

Audi S4 - 1.30.9

Porsche 911 turbo - 1.31.0

Vauxhall VX 220 turbo - 1.31.3

Honda NSX Type R - 1.31.6

BMW M3 - 1.31.8

Nissan 350Z - 1.31.8

Mazda RX8 - 1.31.8

Ford Focus RS - 1.32.2

Lotus Esprit V8 - 1.32.5

Audi TT V6 - 1.32.7

MG ZT - 1.33

Noble - 1.33.1

Mercedes SL 55 AMG - 1.33.2

Volkswagen Golf R32 - 1.33.2

Volvo S60R - 1.35.0

Ferrari 575 - 1.35.2

Alfa 147 GTA - 1.35.6

Lotus Elise - 1.35.6

Aston Martin Vanquish - 1.36.2

Renault Clio v6 - 1.36.2

Honda Civic Type R - 1.36.5

Saab 95 hot aero - 1.37.9

Mazzer - 1.38.0

Bowler Wildcat - 1.39.4

Bentley Arnarge - 1.40.8

Overfinch - 1.44.0

• 4 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

Just a quick note.....Golfs look poo, boring, german ....and rep cars...[ QUOTE ]

And a Civic looks....? confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

you could slam a enzo engine in em[ QUOTE ]

Could you? confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

but at the end of the day theyre just rep cars that are poo looking and boring german cak and dont turn heads.

[/ QUOTE ]

And a Civic is..? confused.gif

• 3 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

Just a quick note.....Golfs look poo, boring, german ....and rep cars...you could slam a enzo engine in em but at the end of the day theyre just rep cars that are poo looking and boring german cak and dont turn heads.

end of....

[/ QUOTE ]

notice how this born-yesterday type-R owner regd just to post this comment and hasnt returned since to take more of a slagging

• 2 weeks later...

also rep lad....for your info.....when the new type r comes out (which im having one of as soon as possible) theyre gonna be 240bhp standard, vwr32....itll be slower and look pants compared.....laters rep man...or we could call you tankboy couldnt we...cos vw reps are tanks as well arent they....lmao

[ QUOTE ]

go and try to sell your crap product elsewhere rep boy

[/ QUOTE ]

Good evening, old bean. ROLLEY~14.GIFsmashfreakB.gif

Could you do us a favour and prove that type-R drivers can be civil and partake in sensible/informative debate without having to spout rhinoceros pizzle and offensive remarks to other members, please?

Many thanks, and welcome to TSN. coffee.gif

[ QUOTE ]

point i was making is that vw rep cars are still just that, whatever you put under the hood...rep cars...rep cars openfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You really are a genius ! smashfreakB.gif

grin.gif what are Honda's if not rep cars ? ? The Accord and Civic both come in some stunningly mundane variants - ideal for reps 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

me thinks u should get your shell suit on an f off back to toxteh in your pimpmobile

[/ QUOTE ]

Check this!

Tells me to "grow a brain" and then goes on to mention scousers being like Harry Enfield portrayed them in shell suits. Flush.gif

And guess where the only place in Liverpool is?

Yep,Toxteth!!!! smashfreakB.gif

Well done mate! 169144-ok.gif

There was a time I defended Civic drivers on this forum,saying that they weren't like people thought,unfortunately you've removed all doubt! coffee.gif

[ QUOTE ]

grin.gif I wouldn't worry, he's not even tried to answer my previous post - too many long words must have confused the poor fella yelrotflmao.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I'm sure he will.

Just give it 'til tonight when he gets back from the boozer and has some more words of wisdom for us!

I'll be a "poor mans Porsche" owner and you'll be a hairdresser!!! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'll be a "poor mans Porsche" owner and you'll be a hairdresser!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL..... its true isn't it?? 169144-ok.gif

OK, i dont own a CTR or a R32, i do however attent trackdays and RWYB drag days (santapod).

I would personally say (from my own experience) that there really is little difference in performance between CTR & R32 in all aspects appart from top speed (maybe).

The CTR is lighter and more nimble but suffers wheelspin and some "safe" understeer characteristics, a little bit of tyre pressure changes and it can be turned into a fun "lift off oversteer" machine (if you are a compitent driver).

The golf is 1/4 tone heavier and its extra power is used to pull its bulk, so straight line speed is close with the CTR, i've seen a couple on the track and they didn't really impress me, but this may have been down to drivers rather than cars capabilities, but it certainly looks heavy and enetring corners at very high speed will demand a brave driver and good use of "tow and heel" or "left foot braking" to keep some throttle down too, just cant see it using its power fully through the corners without inevitable 4WD drift and running wide due to weight (fun but not gonna help your time).

Seen numerous at the "Pod" and both will see 14.5 / 15.0 second runs with a fair driver.

This is from what i have seen anyway.

I would personally buy the CTR as i like to drive very hard and the revvy engine is a gem, and unbustable even if it does a whole trackday in the redline, nimble, economical and cheaper to buy. maybe if i wanted more luxury + extras i would take the Golf, But for my driving style and needs i just feel the golf will be a little "uninvolving".

But we all know torque is essential and the CTR is gonna spend all its time shifting gears on the M-way and sometimes a torquey motor is a god send for these long trips...

• 2 months later...

Dont ever diss the Civic, there is nothing else quite like it its a very pure sports hatch...be grateful it exists or you would have to put up with crap from Ford and Vauxhall that did 0-60 in 10 secs and that was fine........until the civic set the benchmark! Noticed how the new Golf GTi does 0-60 in 7.2,VXR 6.2,and Focus ST 6.5 we have honda to thank for that they set the benchmark with the Type R in 2001!