Lexus top of JD Power Survey...again

xspencex

Visited Lexus Glasgow today, had a poke around the new GS, smart looking car very classy, if anybody buys the one in the show room, they'll be getting a cracking deal.. I dropped a pound under the driver seat and couldn't reach it...I was gutted..

Staff were very pleasant, they're having a launch night next Thursday for the GS so any Scots about to spend money on a new 5 series or E-class should get themselves down to Lexus for a look..its a serious alternative...unless you need diesel..

Its going to have hybrid technology and a new diesel as yet unknown. Emissions laws in a lot of european countries are going to mean that diesels might be banned in major cites or some might because of the particulates that they produce. Yes filters are coming but they are expensive.

The diesel engine that they are going to put in the GS is going to be powerful enough to go in the new LS as well so things look good on that front.

If the new IS 220d's 2.2 with 174bhp and 300lb ft of torque are anything to go by and a few very new features they have used things are looking very good indeed. 169144-ok.gif

Yeah saw the review them seem pretty impressed by it.

Not sure I agree with some of the marks that were given in the magazine to be honest as subjectivly on things like interior and safety it wipes the floor with the BMW/ Merc on all accounts.

But they do say the handling is very close to the German 3 and that it is extremely refined. Looks good as well, though I think the IS250 has the edge on that front. beerchug.gif

The quality of the interior IMO was better than both the BMW and Mercs, maybe not Audi's.. what I did notice was Audi use very soft touch materials that look good when new but bot 3 years later when scuffed..Lexus don't seem to use this instead they use harder plastic that keeps its quality rather than collecting scratches etc.. Lexus is still not a logical or a stylish inside an an Audi or Mercedes yet..but I think thats personal opinion rather than lexus getting it wrong..