Honda Civic Type R drivers, WHY????

loddrik

The hazard lights, together with the quick toot of the horn, is a relatively new thing down this neck of the woods. Last time I was out in my M3, and for the life of me it was that long ago I cant quite remember when, I took the car along the Hog's Back, through a few country lanes at Pirbright and Putteman, then back down the Hog's Back towards Aldershot.

It was a lovely clear road, hardly anything about, and ideal for opening up that glorious straight six. Without any warning a Type-R came up behind me very quickly and was flashing lights and horn and anything else he could cause attention with. Then behind him came this Suzuki Swift, modded to the bollox with all sorts.

So Type-R driver pulls out from behind me and gets along side, trying to have a conversation past his girl-friend. Made me feel a bit daft, so I gently put my foot down wondering whethe or not to pull off at the next junction.

Then Type-R driver beeps his horn and floors it in front of me, dead in front, and is flashing his hazards. Then Suzuki Swift driver was doing the same thing, lights horn, florring it every couple of hundred yards. These guys were generally causing a nuisance and were beginning to severely piss me off.

The next junction was approaching and these guys were about 100 yds in front of me side by side, effing about on the road, switching lanes and beeping horns etc. So I accelerated gently behind them, and immediately they both took off again, which was great, cos I hit the breaks and managed to catch the junction while those assh*les went stright past it.

On hitting the roundabout to take the right onto the A331, a Tickford Capri 2.8 came up behind me, and actually made me smile. That thing went like stink.....shame I only had a few hundred yards to drive, I would have played a bit of ball. Lovely car.

So, with more of this indicator bollox going on and horns beeping and lights flashing on and off, I have concluded that it is the driver's way of telling you and everyone else around him that he is a "very dangerous driver and complete prick".

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh dear, I've used a quick flash of the hazards as a "thank you", I must be a prick then! blush.gif

If I'm on a motorway for example in lane three behind a slower moving car and he clearly moves out of the way between two cars he's passing in the middle lane then once past I'd probably give him a quick single flash of the hazards to acknoledge his consideration.

Doesn't mean I think I've raced or "beaten" him though. crazy.gif

I found even driving my Fiesta when on the dual carridgeway or motorway I've had cars, mostly other hatchbacks, charge up behind me and flash there headlights while I'm overtaking a car.

If I pull in when its clear they then pull in behind me and follow right on my bumper, trying to provoke me.

I don't actually know why because it is cars like CTR's or Leon Cupra's with easily double the power of my Fiesta. My only real guess would be they assume its modified as they don't recognise the rounded bumpers of the Si?

Whatever the case a quick covering of the brake pedal with the left foot to bring on the lights every few seconds tends to annoy them into going past.

I only flash the hazards when pressing on and a slower driver pulls over or slows down to let me past. I simply flash the hazards for a little way as I get past them as a sign of thanks. I just find it's much safer thaan trying to wave or other daft things!

[ QUOTE ]

I found even driving my Fiesta when on the dual carridgeway or motorway I've had cars, mostly other hatchbacks, charge up behind me and flash there headlights while I'm overtaking a car.

If I pull in when its clear they then pull in behind me and follow right on my bumper, trying to provoke me.

I don't actually know why because it is cars like CTR's or Leon Cupra's with easily double the power of my Fiesta. My only real guess would be they assume its modified as they don't recognise the rounded bumpers of the Si?

Whatever the case a quick covering of the brake pedal with the left foot to bring on the lights every few seconds tends to annoy them into going past.

[/ QUOTE ]

I normally use my rear fog lights for that. It gets rid of them quicker because of their blinding brightness. Although, you get the annoying tw@ who just sticks their full beam on at you. openfire.gif

If i'm really in a hurry, out to have fun, or impress a girl wink.gif I might give someone a flash.

But, if they are overtaking other peole, I won't:

a)sit up their arse

b)flash flash flash

c)try and weave through the traffic

or

d)use my horn

Other people have got as much right to be in the fast lane as I have, and if they are doing 75 as opposed to my 110, then so what? My time is no more precious than theirs.

However, if thery're just sitting in the fast lane not overtaking, and they don't get out my way, then a sociable flash may be in order smile.gif but that sometimes turns them into right obstructive pricks!

What's wrong with a good old traditional undertake?

Oh that's right it's dangerous!! (I need a bumper sticker with that on...or maybe 'don't undertake me, I'm probably speeding as it is', but that might get me in trouble with PC Smitten)

Undertakes terrify me, after my first one which went something like this:

Me:Flash!

Them:I'm not moving

Them:I'm not moving

Them:I'm Not Moving

Me:Fine, I'll undertake the_finger.gif

Them:Fine, I'll try and sideswipe you! suicide.gif

Me:I'll pull into that service station & clean my pants Flush.gif

Anyway, I dont undertake any more! 169144-ok.gif

I do it to taxi drivers because why are they even on the motorway anyway?

Nah I've only ever done it once, because someone was actually hoinh 25 on the fast lane of a dual carriageway, while on my way to work when I was about to be late.

I wasn't proud of my actions, but I thought a toot of the horn wasn't enough.

I have seen drivers in the outside lane of the motorway overtaking nothing when there is nothing in either of the other two lanes. I just ignore them and drive in the appropriate lane as there is nothing in the lane in which I am travelling that requires me to make an overtaking move.

Be warned, for all those that read this and undertake, I drive a blue series 3 landrover quite often towing a handbuilt trailor made of central reservation steel with mini strapped down. When over taking a vehicle(s) if I don't pull over immediately don't think you can nip up the inside to gain a place, I have a habbit of swinging in, after you've ignored my indication FIREdevil.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I normally use my rear fog lights for that. It gets rid of them quicker because of their blinding brightness. Although, you get the annoying tw@ who just sticks their full beam on at you. openfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps they flash as they think you are brake testing them!! I can't think of a worse way of signalling to the following car than flashing your rear fogs...apart from actually dabbing the brake pedal.

I'll thank people with a hazards flash but normally it's just a quick raise of the arm.

[ QUOTE ]

I was sure they were something like 250+ bhp, I checked the other day it's more like 150/60.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but did you look at the torque figures, they have about 9 nm grin.gif

I actually hunt out Civic Type R drivers, I can't help myself I just like winning 169144-ok.gif

i think the civic is getting a bit of a saxo boy rep, people i know with them think they are the fastest things on the road, and can out drive and handel anything they see.... i have never noticed one being that much quicker than me at all, but they always want to try and race... just like 318 drivers.... when will you learn !!!

Generally it seems to work along the lines of people who start working as soon as they finish secondary school, work for a couple years and manage to get enough together to buy a 'fast' car like the CTR. They then take out there inferiority complex against the world of sane drivers.

[ QUOTE ]

well yes but that the thing , these people started to be able ot finance a 8k saxo , they alls eem to be able to get 16k now to get a type R ( im only jelouse cos id love 16k to spend on a car ! )

[/ QUOTE ]

with PCP plans and things, a type R is probably only a couple of hundred quid a month

...if you really must have one smashfreakB.gif