Honda Civic Type R drivers, WHY????

loddrik

Firstly hello smile.gif

As someone who went BMW --> CTR I can categorically say that the CTR is a great car.

The M3 is faster, made of better quality materials and due to RWD handles a shade better.

Which engine you prefer depends on ur personal preference. They are both great engines.

The gearbox on the CTR is way better than an M3.

I also think that for UK roads the CTR is more fun.

And......it is cheaper to buy, insure and run.

M3's are great cars, in fact most BMW's are (or at least used to be), but to suggest that the CTR is crap is laughab le.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Go back to teaching you illigitimate children to swear and being rude to pensioners.

[/ QUOTE ]

who taught you how to spell illegitimate? grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to teach myself, I was raised by a pack of wolves frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

good response wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

but to suggest that the CTR is crap is laughab le.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think ANYONE on this forum would suggest the Type-R itself is crap, the only thing really crap is the perceived image of the average buyer....

Also from the number of new posters, has this thread been linked to somewhere?

[ QUOTE ]

M3's are great cars, in fact most BMW's are (or at least used to be), but to suggest that the CTR is crap is laughab le.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome mate!

You've misread this thread though....

It's not about the CTR itself, just the people who choose to drive them.

Obviously, all generalisations have exceptions. znaika.gif

But I have to admit, a large proportion of type-R drivers come across as aggressive, inconsiderate, and under the false impression that their car is the fastest car in the universe.

The CTR is a fun, budget car with reasonable performance suitable for everyday use. No-one disputed that. 169144-ok.gif

My apologies for the more hotheaded CTR drivers (and could the RUF fans not complain too much about the abreviation...it takes to long to type Civic Type R). A link to your forum appeared on the CTR Owners forum and some have decided to dive in feet first, I suspect having not read all the thread and, therefore, not actually doing our cause any good at all.

I can see there point in some ways. Tarring everyone with the same brush is rather annoying to say the least, but I'm sure you all have the same problems with your own marques, especially I suspect, the BMW owners. Like every performance car, there will be a bunch of low IQ tits driving them like the morons they are, and as dealers will accept money from any knuckle scraper for their cars, this will always be the case, no matter what the car.

However, most of us are responsible and double the age that many seem to think we should be through stereotype. To be honest, we get too much crap from other forums and it does tend to explode every now and again as it has here. Some of us actually bought our Type Rs for the reason the badge exists, as a cheap but fun car with superb engineering and to be a bit different. Unfortunately, the last bit has been a little spoiled as every chav seems to want one now. It's rather sad, especially as I've been a Honda owner for 15 years, long before the chav, Max Power and Fast & Furious brigade ruined the marque's image, and prompting mine to disappear sooner rather than later before the only people answering my AutoTrader ad are burberry subscribers, to be replaced by a 'Vette Z06. It'll be interesting to be on the other side of the fence and see if any CTR drivers try to race that! It'll be even funnier if any M3, Alpina or Audi drivers try the same!!!

I have to also say, many of you are showing the same blinkered and judgemental posts that you have expressed objections to from our other members. Perhaps an example of why you shouldn't judge the driver from the car?

Ladies,

Put your bloody handbags away please!

Will you lot stop being so bloody snooty slap.gif and Jason please try and wind it in a bit 169144-ok.gif

The funniest bit for me was that this post was started and seized upon by BMW owners who are calling Type R drivers "aggressive" yelrotflmao.gif

Stop trying to pass on your millstone stereotype wink.gif and roll out the love ECLIPSe.gif

Have seen some Type-Rs that look great, certain colours do make the car stand out from others...but the one thing I cant handle is the tosser in the baseball cap who owns one, leaning forward and slightly to the left as he tries his hardest to peek over the dashboard. I saw a guy just like that a few months back at the lights who was revving that thing so hard, then stalled it as the lights changed. I nearly died laughing.

Girl I work with....her other half drives a Type-R, but at least he drives it responsibly, and the car looks immaculate.

Had to laff about the comment about us BMW owners having small knobs...best laugh I had in ages!!!

Hi smile.gif

Another CTR owner, and hopefully not one of the delightfull types you have talked about above heh blush.gif

I agree there are some right f**kwits driving about in CTR's, but i reckon this is true of ANY type of car smile.gif

I looked at quite a few cars my self, and the CTR seemed to come out tops nearly most of the time smile.gif

Including cost, price Deprecation is pretty good, reliable, and good performance for a 'hot' hatch smile.gif

Which is all it is, it was never a super car challenger, or a Coupe etc. Just people tend to get carried away with it sometimes heh

And the revvin the engine to the knackers all the time can be pretty damn enjoyable heh smile.gif

ah well i hope im safe in saying at least 95% of the fine people on www.civictype-r.co.uk are decent drivers, and none of this chav melarky who would cut up a Funeral parade just to get to the lights 1st sportifs2.gif

And last i looked we have a good 12000 people signed up smile.gif

Made for an interesting thread this anyho, im sure your gain a few members from it hehe

[ QUOTE ]

The M3 is faster, made of better quality materials and due to RWD handles a shade better.

Which engine you prefer depends on ur personal preference. They are both great engines.

The gearbox on the CTR is way better than an M3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. Are you talking E36 or E46? Also, manual CTR vs M3 manual or SMG?

Ok, let's clear this up, as the author of the thread, my observations where that, more so than any other car of late, it is the CTR owners who behave like tits.

I am not anti Honda, mu first 3 cars were Civics, and I was driving a Type R (Accord) before most current CTR drivers had a license. I respect the CTR for it's engineering integrity, just most of the owners that 'I' have come across drive like dickhoads.

I drive a seriously quick car, and have owned many sriously quick cars, I do not feel the need to goad or try to race anyone, I have only responded on these occasions so that the next time these idiot drivers come up behind a car that is badged 'Alpina B3S', they will know not to bother trying to race it and put other roadusers lives at risk.

[ QUOTE ]

Ok, let's clear this up, as the author of the thread, my observations where that, more so than any other car of late, it is the CTR owners who behave like tits.

I am not anti Honda, mu first 3 cars were Civics, and I was driving a Type R (Accord) before most current CTR drivers had a license. I respect the CTR for it's engineering integrity, just most of the owners that 'I' have come across drive like dickhoads.

I drive a seriously quick car, and have owned many sriously quick cars, I do not feel the need to goad or try to race anyone, I have only responded on these occasions so that the next time these idiot drivers come up behind a car that is badged 'Alpina B3S', they will know not to bother trying to race it and put other roadusers lives at risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

But Lodders, I would say over 99% of the people that pass your "seriously fast car" won't have read the thread & will therefore not be totally aware of how seriously quick your car really is.

Nice Spooling BTW. tongue.gif

It's not the car that makes it a to**er mobile, it's only the driver and a chav/idiot whatever will always be a chav/idiot whether they drive a Clio 1.2 or a Ferrari F430 it's just the person that does it not the car.

However a bit of banter is always going to happen wink.gif It's a good laugh sometimes.

On another point, I will soon be driving a new Mini which is of course a BMW technically so will that mean my willy is suddenly going to shrink dramatically?

I am starting to get worried wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

On another point, I will soon be driving a new Mini which is of course a BMW technically so will that mean my willy is suddenly going to shrink dramatically?

I am starting to get worried wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't you read the contract, they are legally entitled to remove 2 inches and attach it to a Saxo VTR owners head.

At least thats what it would be if based on stereotypes wink.gif