F430 Modena Review

Woppum

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well didn't think it would happen but the car is sitting on their drive. I went back with dad to sign the papers and saw it. I have some great pics it is fantastic. She took me out and it really is a piece of kit. When she leans how to work the F1 box she is really going to enjoy it.

Its a company car an on all their other ones the polocy is any named driver. The Sl65 is no problem, but the Farreri is only for over 25's. Barmy the SL is a much faster and more dangerous car.

Nevermind it makes a breathtaking view. 169144-ok.gif

Good looking car isn't it. At the moment she has no idea how to drive it. She is getting used to the F1 box is 'Sport' mode (not race!) but she won't rev it. I have been in it a couple of times with her and she holds it on its crest. It is so frustrating. At 2.5krpm, the a silencer opens and god starts to sing, but she usually backs off at that point. Never mind I suppose it is probably a good thing. She only has 300 miles on the clock and im sure it needs some running in.

Well done to her. The only credit I can take is forcing her out the door to test drive the car! I’m glad you like it, ill e-mail this post to her. She was and is still a little nervous about driving it due to the attention is causes. People stop everything they are doing and just stare.

When she got it I went with her to the petrol station to show her how everything works. While she was filling up a gold nova with a full kit come screeching in to the garage. It was loaded with chavs, wearing no clothes on their top half’s, just huge dangling gold earrings. When they saw the car they drove up right next to us, opened their mouths and dribbled down their boyish chests. I was half expecting a gobful of profanity as we rolled of, but instead he stuck his thumb up and said, nice car lady! It has respect.

On her first day with the car on the way to work, everyone was flashing her and waving all the way there. It was only right at the end of her journey a lady pulled up next to her and told her she had her full beams on! grin.gif

There's one problem though Woppum, your review was rubbish. I, on the other hand, am an expert in reviewing cars. Therefore, if we could arrange for me to borrow the car for, oh I don't know, a month or two, in order to be able to provide a full and thorough review for the good of the TSN community (you know it's your duty), then just let me know? wink.gif

I totally endorse what XC90 says, but why buy a RED Ferrari Spyder if you worry what people will think.Surely there is no more a 'hey look at me' car than this.

Totally stunning and totally jealous. But hey no doubt your old man has worked hard for it ( as i take it he put up the funds . So good on you all.

He may have but she works damn hard two!! He is 79 and she is 59 and they are still working very hard. She deserves it. He suprised her with it when she came back from work. A big bucket of flowers were next to it. She almost fell out the car!

I wish i could review it more, but this one I am not insured to drive. We did have a bit of fun though a couple of days back. She went out in the 430 and I took the 65. The 430 sounds fantastic, glorious. You can hear it from miles away it is so loud. Round the twisties the merc has no chance against the fezza, but you already know that. What you will be interested in is the acceleration difference between the two cars. There were a few straights where we got to open the cars out. She was in front, I was behind. I let her go first, then I plant the throttle. The ferrari lurches forward at first as the merc is kicking down. Then when the SL kicks in the only way to describe it is it sucks in to the fezzers bum at an astonishing rate. In fact the SL is so much faster it is like comparing a 911 carrera to a turbo!

As I have been carless for the past couple of days she very kindly lent me the 65 so I have done a couple of hundred miles in it. You can't knock it, it's the Daddy and makes the fezza feel like a toy. But i know which I would rather have, with a hard roof. 169144-ok.gif

Nice one Woppum. Glad that some people out there actually know how to enjoy the cash they earn. I'm sure you know it, but you're a lucky fella, and by all accounts, you've got top parents too.

Do you think you're Mum will ever fully use the Fezza, if not, it'll be a nice 2nd hander for someone out there.

beerchug.gif

I think she will. But not every day. It will be a nice weather car/ short journey or favourite road type car. The SL will be for the everyday stuff.

So far she loves it. As there is a 3/5 year waiting list she is about to order another! I think the car will hold its money pretty well to. They are new on the market at the moment so no one real knows what people will pay for them. Romans said their first car went for £200k, but that was first in the country. I think they will fetch premiums for at least the next couple of years.

About enjoying her cars, it has taken her a long time and a lot of persuading. As I said, it was only a few years ago that she was driving an estate.

Well even if I can't drive this one, I can sit in it and rev the engine bowdown.gif

Woppum - can I ask how old you are? I'm just wondering how far of 25 you are... and if it's far, how much would the extra cost on the insurance be?

Good on you mate, really happy for you and the lifestyle you and your family have got. You've got a great life ahead of you, don't throw it away - play hard but work harder and think what you could pass on to your kids like your parents have done for you!

[ QUOTE ]

Wopps, when I said "fully use the Fezza", I mean't ECLIPSe.gif

slap.gifwink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

O blush.gif

No chance. it is frustrating. I have been in it a couple of times with her and she boards the crest, and is scared poo-less of getting pinched. In most cases she prefers to keep it under 2k rpm to stop drawing extra attention to herself.

It is not the speed she likes so much. it is the sensation of being so low, feeling part of the car and the feeling of going faster than you actually are. In the SL it is all over before you have time to enjoy it. In the fezzer you can enjoy climbing low down rpm and using the paddles to slow you down before the corners.

I followed an F430 (hard top) around the Essex section of M25 last friday in heavy traffic. The owner was clearly enjoying the fact that if he left a nice big gap, he could boot it for about 400yrds. Luckily no one decided to nip into the lane in front. I think we all just wound down our windows & purred to the beautiful sound it was making. Alex (my son) upon hearing for the first time said "Dad, can you get a Ferrari please".

One day son, one day.

notworthy.gif