Jazz Type-R....

Ok lets see this concept get shot down in flames.

Not a real car (afaik) but surely Honda are missing a big opertunity here.

Get a 1.4 or 1.6 pushing out about say 100-120bhp, remove the numbers from the rev counter and have the notches and a redline on the dial and a needle that changes colour from blue to yellow to orange to red as you reach the limiter. That way it doesn't have to be high reving but the kids can pretend its a 9000rpm beast as it takes a long sweep round the counter.....

Close ratio 6-speed manual with the option to have the 7-speed automatic but with the addition of a paddle shift manual mode.

Firm up the suspension a little but keep it supple still, a real old-school, adjustable, slight lift off oversteer chassis which will happily cock the outside rear wheel.

The facelifted bumper is actually quite aggressive looking so match it with mild sideskirts and rear valance.

I'm not saying I'd buy one but they could sell loads and produce an interesting little sporty, practical car. A real Polo GTI or Fiesta ST killer.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a Jazz the other day that had undergone the 'Pimp My Ride' treatment - quite taste ful though - looked ok.

Would i drive one - hmmm, maybe.

My girlfriends Mum has a 1.4 SE one - quite nice inside and nippy with it too. Just a bit too tall for me i think!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...