Dealer trying to get me to buy a 645Ci Convertible

NewNiceMrMe

How much do you spend anually on cleaning products?  

1. 1. How much do you spend anually on cleaning products?

[ QUOTE ]

I have asked them that if I do the deal on the 645Ci...will they get their Service department to do the £650 inspection I at the cost to them.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooo...phone call just received from them and the first sign of them putting their foot down and stopping the money giveaway.

They'll do the Tracker Horizons, they'll do the extra £750, they'll do a plate transfer (I have a private) and they'll do a set of mats (too bloody right you will)....but they will not stretch to the service at cost today.

His words "Chris, we want your business, but we have to run one too and you know how one-sided this deal is right now so stop being a cheeky bugger".

Hehe. Maybe it was a bit pushy.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for another poll? 169144-ok.gif

I have to say, if I were in the same position where I could afford to spend that kind of money on a weekend fun car it wouldn't be on an old man's car like that! There's a few around here, they just don't seem to have much road presence at all.

The BMW dealers are offering you this deal for specific reasons as they can't get rid of it. That surely must say something to you.

Stick to your original choices and wait for a better deal to come along on your M3/Masser or even a 911 (which would be my choice).

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I'm liking the porsche. I think if it is a weekend car it HAS TO tick ALL of the boxes, have you driven the 911? If not get down to your nearest Porsche dealer, make him aware of the offer you have on the table and ask him to tempt you away from the BMW

[/ QUOTE ]

I've driven 996 and 997 911's.

Everyone on here knows that for whatever reason there is something about the cars that I find raises a doubt with me. It's very difficult to put my finger on it and I'll take flak for that, but I also have to think about who will be driving it....namely me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't rate them much myself either. Seems that their reputation is never doubted by most people. Driving them day in, day out is a different matter. Personally, I'd find that hard work.

At least most people seem to agree that the 6-series conv isn't the way to go. so many cars you can pick from at that price-point.

have a play in an AMG merc too. equally barge-tastic, but liveable on a daily basis 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I've driven 996 and 997 911's.

Everyone on here knows that for whatever reason there is something about the cars that I find raises a doubt with me. It's very difficult to put my finger on it and I'll take flak for that, but I also have to think about who will be driving it....namely me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair point there, then. You've got to love driving the damn thing.

Oh, and it looks like you've found the battering limit! 169144-ok.gif

The Maser is a very, very classy car, and seems to have a far better rep amongst enthusiasts than it did when the 3200GT first came out. But, as you've told us, they're not close enough on a deal. And I can't help thinking that after years of driving BMWs you're gonna find the Maser's little... er... quirks will ultimately spoil the feeling for you.

One thing is certain. It is far, far better to go for a car that divides opinion than a car that fails to provoke one. crazy.gif

Hmmm. The majority of TSN really doesn't like the 645 does it!

Of course, I also own a Bile Yellow/Baby Poo/Snot/Pea Green M3 and no-one ever really liked that either!

Genuinely though - I welcome all the advice but one thing you can all talk about is the 911. It won't happen though. We're all unique after all and it wouldn't do for us all to have the same likes and dislikes.

One thing you all know about me is that I regularly think about changing. Hence, if I pick the wrong car (be it Maserati or 645), well I guess we'll be here again in 6 months time.

The Maserati or the 645Ci Convertible are both different - and hey, have I ever been a typical TSN-er? grin.gif169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Here's the bit I don't understand.

If 3 or 4K difference on the M3 trade-in price is such a big-deal, why isn't the actual price of the car you're buying! whats your budget?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, I wondered when someone would pick up on the biggest gaping in hole in my buying logic! Well done J!

Maybe it's an example of where some people will set a budget for 'a car' yet re-align that budget if something else all of a sudden appears on the horizon.

See, you could rightly now say look at a new GranSport. But I wouldn't. You could say hang on - buy an M5 at £2k more...even though I couldn't get one now - but I wouldn't because it just doesn't have the last factor for me.

What's that factor? Well I think it's personal, it's unique to ever car buyer, it's individual and it's unidentifiable.

It's the X Factor of course.

Where each of us finds it is where decisions get made - that's my view anyway. Budget's get re-aligned, you dig your hand in your pocket a bit more and forget about buying that TV/Hifi system that you probably wouldn't use much (or whatever it is for each other - it being the money you spend that you really don't need to but do because you can etc).

Anyway, I haven't made my decision yet.

[ QUOTE ]

Coming in from left field here, but have you even considered a slightly older DB7 Volante ?

Autotrader have a couple around the 50K mark

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Scooby, did indeed. However, I've said on here before that I have never been a DB7 fan. DB9 yes.

I think the DB7 looks somewhat aspirational now - a sort of "couldn't afford the latest and made do". Little logic in that I know, and you can't judge anyone by what they drive, but the DB7 justs sends a certain message I don't like.

It is also effected by the fact my colleague who have the Continental GT had an AM Vantage V12 a few cars back - and it spent months at the dealers and he swore it had ruined a childhood dream of Aston's. Different stories and different opinions affect us all I guess.

For me, the fewer people who relate to the same X Factor as I do, the better.

Even though my current car is a bit of a compromise to try and fit all my requirements with just the one car, I love the fact that since I picked it up on 1st March I've only seen 3 other new model Legacy saloons.

Yes, I know that means I'm probably going to get slaughtered on depreciation, but I really couldn't give a toss.

[ QUOTE ]

It's the X Factor of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

The X factor is definitely a personal thing, that's why I see people in certain cars and you think 'why, why, why?'

Personal preference and all that. The 645 doens't have the X factor for me, but the Maser does. You see the X factor in places where others don't.

Things would be pretty crap if we all liked the same cars!

[ QUOTE ]

I love the fact that since I picked it up on 1st March I've only seen 3 other new model Legacy saloons.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is a nice dark blue one sat in our car park at work here in Macclesfield quite often..... aint you is it!!??

Bugger the depreciation - very nice motor!! 169144-ok.gif