Are they making an X3??

Drillslinger

No BMW Chat, so I figure this is the next best.

I passed this car this morning on my way in to work. The first thing I noticed was that it looked like a smaller X5, but as I passed it, I spotted a bunch of plastic "camoflauge" bits attached confused.gif It lacked the kidney grills and the typical BMW headlights, (of course the was a bra over the whole front end) But I swear it looked just like an X5 smashfreakB.gif

Anyone have any ideas?

beerchug.gif

• 11 months later...

yes mate, I saw an article ages ago for the X3 but never heard anything for ages... then saw one (I assume a press car) about 4 weeks ago here in Aberdeen.... not near as nice as an X5... just didn't look right. Perhaps when I see some in better colours it may be different!!

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone have any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed, X3 goes on sale in UK May 20th. I personally hate the thing, the penultimate new model designed under the late Chris Bangle. Sadly destined for 'it' car status for a short while. I generally dislike off-roaders, rather have a fast estate (530d, S4, allroad) instead. Having said that, the X5 is a gem.

Ian C

[ QUOTE ]

Can anyone give me just one coherent argument for these chelsea tractors? znaika.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well....seeing as most 4x4s just do the school run anyway, they might as well be one that drives well. The X5 is big and heavy, and a slightly smaller one has gotta be better because its taking less room than an X5.

Personally i think offroad 4x4s should be taxed heavily for everyone except farmers. I cant see what use they are on the road, except maybe for towing caravans (which should be an offence in itself!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...