REMOTE LOCKING UNLOCKING PROBLEMS

BFC

Hi

Just purchased a 02 Passat and are having problems with the central locking.

On the first press of the button the drivers door opens as expected (like my Audi Allroad) but when I press the button a second time to open the other doors nothing happens.

The door knobs move a little but don't rise up and open the other doors or indeed the boot.

I have to open the car with the first press and release the other doors by pressing the unlock button on the inside of the door.

I have tried holding button for 1 second then opening / closing the door to reprogramme as per the manual to no effect.

All opens normally if I use the key and turn twice in the lock.

Any help appreciated!!?? bike.thumb.gif

One fuse works all of the central locking. It sounds like it could be a dodgy solenoid or even a broken wire? If you've just bought it from a main dealer, take it back and get them to fix it under warranty. If it's not from a main dealer, but another dealer, take it back and ask them to fix it.

[ QUOTE ]

One fuse works all of the central locking. It sounds like it could be a dodgy solenoid or even a broken wire? If you've just bought it from a main dealer, take it back and get them to fix it under warranty. If it's not from a main dealer, but another dealer, take it back and ask them to fix it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't really argue with that. Take a Rocket with you. grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Where would I find the fuse?

[/ QUOTE ]

To answer the question it's behind a panel on the drivers side. Open the drivers door and it's on the side of the dash where the door comes to rest, just to the right of the headlight switches. wink.gif

• 5 years later...

i have the same problem with my passat. my carpets have been wet and i have replaced the box under the passenger seat that controls the electrics. my key fob doesn't work at all. does it just need re programmed???

also the boot doesnt open i have to get out and open it with the key. its a pain in my arse!!!