Lexus at the Frankfurt Motorshow

News_Stig

Looks like a great motor IMO.

They have the latest info on the Lexus UK site as well now.

Specs however don't seem as good as in the last car. You need the top of the range SE-L to get all of the bells and whistles.

Best spec looks like the new sport, and it comes with nice 18" alloys. 169144-ok.gif

if they can make a nicer looking 'sport' estate than the previous model with a decent small capacity diesel engine in it, i will replace my A4 with one of these in a few years time.

That is the only reason i didnt buy one this time around - no diesel! smashfreakB.gif They have FINALLY caught on - took them a while...... ROLLEY~14.GIF

The diesel is a new third generation common rail I think. 2.2 and 175bhp but a wopping 400NM of torque its meant to be Honda CDTI smooth if you have been in one of those, its almost like a petrol. Might be out Jan 2006 not Spring as intended.

Have seen a review that a 330d didn't drop it on the autobahn, thats seriously quick even if its close to that.

Not heard about an estate, but a coupe and convertable might be on the cards.

Have a look at Lexus UK site they have just released all the details. 169144-ok.gif

Well, at this early stage (not planning to replace the Legacy for at least another couple of years) that GS450h is odds on favourite to be my next motor just as soon as I can afford one (I'm guessing list will be just over 40k). What a fantastic vehicle. Might not handle like a BMW, but wees all over the opposition in my book.

Saw a new Black GS yesterday for the first time and it looked stunning, really was taken a back.

I would much rather have a hybrid than a diesel but some people think I am mad.

Apparently battery failures are almost none exsistent on the Prius so far, somethine like 3 in the entire world over thousands of sales so things are looking good already on that front and they are warrantied for a long time.

Order books are full for the RX400h from what I have heard. 169144-ok.gif

• 6 months later...